What happened to Airport Extreme broadcast range percentage?

mgartner0622

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 6, 2010
Colorado, USA
Hello,
In the old airport utility, (Snow Leopard and Earlier) there used to be an option to set a percentage of the broadcast range. Meaning you could set the Airport to broadcast at 10%, 25%, 50%, and 100%. I can't seem to find that in the new menu and I'd like to see if my Airport is still running on 10% as that's all I need. Any ideas?
Thanks

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Thanks, but I'm using Mountain Lion and that's incompatible. Is there a slightly newer version maybe?
I have it on ML and it does run. The issue it ML does not want to let you install it. Try this work around to get it to install.

Sorry I did not think to mention this issue before. :(

mgartner0622

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 6, 2010
Colorado, USA
I have it on ML and it does run. The issue it ML does not want to let you install it. Try this work around to get it to install.

Sorry I did not think to mention this issue before. :(
Thanks again, but I'm still having issues. Attached is the error. If i try to open the script using automator the same thing happens.

Attachments

waw74

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2008
Not true. I downloaded it and tried to install it. It will not install. Message says it is not compatible with my version of OS -- Mountain Lion.
there are several posts after the one you quoted, talking about workarounds, some apparently don't work, read the whole thread.