What Happened to the in store pick up? It cost me my date.

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Aces2412, Apr 10, 2015.

1. Aces2412 macrumors regular

I had the sport 42mm black in the cart with a delivery date of 4/15 - 4/24. But I was delayed trying to figure out why the in store pick up selection was not working. This caused me to re submit my gift cards and cc info and my date switched to June. wtf.

Apple did state they would have in store pick up right? What a waste of getting up at 3am....

Bad Apple:apple: 3:05 I had it and by 3:19 they were gone... Building the hype

check

2. Hexcruncher macrumors regular

Yeah in-store pick up was removed several days in advance and they sent out a press release stating it's only available for pre-order online initially. You spent 14 minutes trying to figure out a system that had you done your research days in advance you'd know was not going to happen.

3. spoa94 macrumors 6502a

spoa94

How?!

4. Sirious macrumors 65816

Sirious

Has to be a typo! :eek:

5. kovey macrumors 6502a

It's a typo or he's remembering incorrectly. The earliest date as of 3:02am et was 4/24 - 5/8.

If it was so important to you that you woke up at 3am et, it should have been important enough for you to have done some homework and know that in-store pickup was not an option.

6. Exile714 macrumors 6502a

No, the said it wouldn't be available to buy in store, but that there was an option to reserve online then pick up in store. Then this week they claimed that feature would not be available in the UK, but that the U.S. would have it. Details were scarce, and interpretations varied, but it's not as though the OP simply needed to read an Apple press release to be informed.

I actually found your comment a little rude...

7. Hexcruncher macrumors regular

https://www.apple.com/uk/pr/library...re-Preview-Online-Pre-Order-Begin-Friday.html

You read through that press release, and tell me where they said that they could reserve online and pick up in-store. Because it doesn't say that. So yes, it is as simple as reading an Apple press release. I read it, many people read it, and i guarantee most of those people are satisfied with their pre-order.

8. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

I pre-ordered at 3am. When I ordered the dat was 4/24-5/4. At 3:05 my confirmation email came with a date of 5/13-5/27.

To top it off, I tried on the 38mm that I ordered and think it's too small. Just ordered a 42mm. June ship date. :(

9. vikingjunior macrumors 65816

vikingjunior

I almost lost my 4/24 date messing around looking for a overnight delivery option. I was within seconds not minutes of losing my date 3:04 confirmation of 4/24-5/8