What happened to the "Make My Life Easier" button in Cydia?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by moonman239, Mar 13, 2012.

1. moonman239 macrumors 68000

I just JB'ed my iPad 2 yesterday. Today, I was hoping to find the "make my life easier" button in Cydia, but it's not there.

Should it be there? Why isn't it?

2. BlueRaider macrumors regular

I think Saurik just took the option away and automatically stored the SHSH blobs for every device that connected to his servers. SHSH blobs are useless for an A5 device so it really doesn't matter anyways but have you looked at the top of the home page in Cydia to see which Blobs are saved for your device?

3. kvizzel macrumors 6502a

Why is it useless for an A5 device?

4. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

Because Apple defeated the option that used them...as they are known to do regularly with jailbreaking options!

5. BlueRaider macrumors regular

While SHSH Blobs are of no use today on iOS 5, they can be replayed on iOS 4.3.X by an iPad 2 WIFI or via TinyCFW for the devices with basebands. It is unlikely that SHSH Blobs will be useful for A5 devices on iOS 5.X anytime BUT they might be so it's still a good idea to back them up with TinyUmbrella and Cydia. Make sure the next time you open Cydia that your blobs are being saved by looking at the top of the home screen in Cydia to see which versions have been saved. If an iBoot or dfu bootrom exploit are ever found then those blobs will be useful again!