What happened when I exchanged my UK AUP iP7 black for Jet Black

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by alexberry, Sep 25, 2016.

1. alexberry macrumors member

I thought I'd share my experience of exchanging my iP7 black in favour of jet black.

To begin, I bought an iP7 128Gb (matte) black last weekend from the Edinburgh Apple Store via the Apple Ugrade Programme. At the time there were no Jet Blacks available, and I convinced myself that matte black was the better option for all the practical reasons widely discussed.

However, it niggled and this morning I managed to secure a reservation for a 128Gb Jet Black, so I trotted back into the Edinburgh store to exchange.

After a short wait, the technician came with my new jet black phone and after going through the new AUP application process, successfully, we set about restoring my iCloud backup.

As we sat there waiting for the little progress bar to move, I noticed there was already a little scratch on the lower rear edge of the phone, along the antenna strip. So, they managed to find another fresh JB iP7 and we started again! Another successful AUP approval but after having already spent 2hrs+ in the store I merely checked the new device for scratches (none, this time, thankfully) and left. They did throw in a free silicone cover on account of all the time it had taken to reach this point. Hopefully third time/iP7 lucky!

I have since been concerned that I now have 3 live Barclays loan agreements under the AUP, so I called Barclays and true enough, my original AUP from last weekend was still live on their system with today's added to their system. Back onto Apple, and they advise me to come back into the store tomorrow to get it all sorted, which is a total PITA. But never mind, better to get these things sorted.

Bottom line is the technician helping me in Edinburgh's Apple Store was excellent; spending loads of time with me and ensuring I left happy. The scratch on the first replacement was just "one of those things" and I'm sure I'll get the 3 AUP agreements sorted out, if it doesn't happen all by itself anyway.

Now starting the whole restore process and another couple of hours of setup etc... Good job it's a Sunday!

2. H-B0mb macrumors member

I did the exact same thing as you today for the same reason.

On my refund receipt for the MB, there's a line item stating the loan has been repaid to Barclays. Was that the case for you?

I'm still able to log into my Barclays Partner Finance account using the original credentials which still state I have a loan with them. I'll probably call them in a couple of days to ensure it's been cleared by apple.

3. alexberry thread starter macrumors member

You're spot on, both my returns (last week's matte back and today's first jet black) state the loan repayment on the receipt. Thanks for pointing that out. Excellent, I'm sure it's all fine then. I'll also wait a couple of days before checking back with Barclays.

Now I can just enjoy the new phone. Truly gorgeous

4. johnnyapples33d macrumors member

Do they hit your credit for each purchase using AUP?

5. H-B0mb macrumors member

I'm sure they do.

6. alexberry thread starter macrumors member

I'd read that the original credit check is valid for 30 days so no additional credit check done within the Two-weeks return period. But I wouldn't guarantee it...