Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tanaboon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 29, 2009
Hey, I'm new to these forums! Just a quick question. I recently spent 25 bucks on the Zagg Invisible Shield, and like a child with a new toy, I quickly put on the Screen protector, water and all, and I let it dry. But, I only waited a few minutes though. But, I saw the wait 12-24 hours recommendation. But, I really wanted to play Doodle jump. I just want to know if anything bad happens if I don't wait the 24 hours. Does it mess up the touch screen? I googled and searched all over, but I couldn't find an answer. I only found one topic on another forum about a guys touch screen getting screwed up by not reading the touches for one section of his screen. Thanks in advance!

lollicup

macrumors regular
Aug 20, 2009
you want to wait to let the adhesive dry up

if you don't wait

a) adhesive is not fully dry, so the corners could lift = lint

b) the IS will clear up as the day goes on.

For the front shield its not a big deal if you don't wait, but its absolutely important if you installed the rear shield ( many people complain that they have lint built up because they did not wait the 24 hours )

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.