What happens if you don't have enough credit to buy the watch?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by venividivigor, Apr 20, 2015.

1. venividivigor macrumors 6502

Well I preordered the watch as soon as it became available, and I had 890$ enough credit to purchase it and now my order is processing. And tonight, I went to go check my account summary of my card that I used to buy the apple watch and it's saying $770... Is my order gonna get cancelled and lose my place in line or ?!?!

2. maverick808 macrumors 65816

maverick808

Apple will try to charge your card at the moment they are shipping. If the charge fails then the shipment will be held and you'll get an email about it. Your order won't be cancelled, they'll usually just put a hold on it until you sort out payment with them.

3. shenfrey macrumors 68000

What happens if you don't have enough credit to buy the watch?

This. You will receive confirmation that you had insufficient funds. You will then be given the option to adjust your payment method and pay for the watch. If you do so on the same day, you will still receive your watch as normal.

4. LiemTa macrumors regular

Sounds like you can't afford the Watch. How are you going to eat for the rest of this month?

5. LowesChevy48 macrumors member

LowesChevy48

Lol what does it matter what someone does this their money!

6. riotrhythm macrumors regular

riotrhythm

Don't buy something you barely have money for. One wouldn't buy a Rolls Royce if they can only afford a Honda.

7. JT2002TJ macrumors 6502a

shouldn't...

8. riotrhythm macrumors regular

riotrhythm

wouldn't, shouldn't, whatever.

9. JT2002TJ macrumors 6502a

lol

10. jsmith189 macrumors 65816

jsmith189

May not necessarily be the case that they're emptying their pockets for it. Could just be a side credit card. I have one for special purchases like this but I have bills that come off it sometimes to keep the card active.

11. maricc macrumors regular

You can pre-load your card. So make a payment of $1000 and your balance will show $1750 even though your credit limit is actually less.

12. muasachi macrumors member

Is it weird that I got full amount charged at the moment I ordered with my both orders?
    Most of you guys just got only 1$ charge on the credit card.

13. TwistedPain macrumors member

The minute you make a public comment, people will say whatever they want about it. If you don't want someone to talk about your finances, I suggest you never make a public post about finances.

----------

My American Express was charged for the complete order the minute I pressed order. It was dropped three days later of course.

14. frumpy16 macrumors 6502a

frumpy16

It would probably be wise to withdraw your place in line if buying this is going to max your CC out.

15. shenfrey macrumors 68000

As long as he can afford the monthly payments you are in no position to tell him what he should or shouldn't do.

16. Scott-n-Houston macrumors 6502a

There are so many red flags as to why you shouldn't be buying this watch just from your original question, but the fact that it's surprising to you that there isn't enough of a balance now or that you didn't manage your card balance well enough in this last 10 days since we ordered… wow. Don't buy this watch. Seriously.

----------

He posted on a public forum about his finances. What do you expect?

17. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

Call the bank and ask them for a $500 credit increase. If ur account is in good standing (no late payments, etc) and you've had the card for more then a year (maybe even 6 months) they should do it no problem.

18. muasachi macrumors member

But my credit card still hold the charged at full amount :mad: They credit never dropped off.
    If when the orders get shipped and apple still have to charge again, there won't enough credit for my orders.

19. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

He didn't tell him. He advised him. Major difference.

20. leenak macrumors 68020

Make a payment on your card. All my cards have the ability to post a payment immediately (but may take a day or two to clear the bank).

21. Lucifer666 macrumors 6502a

He can always beg on a exit ramp.

Geesh, like that's a issue or something :rolleyes:

22. Arran macrumors 68040

Arran

For all we know, the OP is using a disposable prepaid second card to surreptitiously buy the watch for his wife because he doesn't want it showing up on their joint Visa black card statement.

Or maybe he is a poor student about to learn a valuable lesson through experience. Been there, done that, nobody could talk me out of it, glad I did it! :D

Learned lots of creative ways to spice-up ramen.

23. Speechless macrumors 6502

Don't listen to the jackasses.

I use a pre-paid card for free to spend money every month because of savings and goals through my bank. However, sometimes I charge random recurring purchases to that card as well. Just ALWAYS make sure you can easily add money to that account within seconds- it just makes it so much more easy. I would never buy this through my main account at Simple so I understand you.

24. lsutigerfan1976 macrumors 68000

I am in the camp that believes this watch is more of a luxury or expensive toy to have. But it's not a necessity. If someone has to juggle their money around to purchase it. That may be a sign that the watch is not for them.

25. Mildredop macrumors 68020

Actually, there's a big difference.

You meant shouldn't, as in it would be irresponsible to do so, therefore they should not do it.

What you said is that they wouldn't do it which, as we all know with the increasing amounts of personal debt, people very much do do it.

----------

I no longer have a credit card to check, but I'm sure the one I had charged me a fee if I over-payed (in order to stop people using ut as a charge card, I guess).