What happens if you subscribe to Match and then go over 25,000 songs later?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by DarkHeraldMage, Jan 15, 2012.

1. DarkHeraldMage macrumors 6502a

DarkHeraldMage

Looking to subscribe to Match soon and have been watching a lot of the threads that have come up about it and the questions being asked, but I don't believe this one has been addressed. If so, please just point me in that direction and I'll happily read up on it.

Match is limited to users with less than 25,000 songs in their library that were not purchased through iTunes, but what if you have less than 25,000 when you subscribe, and then you import CDs and go over that limit later?

Example: If I have 24,900 songs and I start using Match to re-download them through iTunes, does that change them to be recognized as iTunes purchases, and allow me to import more CDs, putting me over the 25,000 initial limit, but allowing it because some of the original songs I had are now Match versions.

I know this sounds confusing, believe me - it is. Just trying to find a way that I can use the service without just deleting a lot of my library forever. I'm wanting to delete some of it temporarily, Match the rest, and then re-import the deleted albums so I can Match them as well.

Any insight would be appreciated. :)

2. SHADO macrumors 6502a

SHADO

Match will probably just stop syncing songs after you hit 25,000, which will do nothing to your actual library, but obviously they won't be in the cloud.

3. DarkHeraldMage thread starter macrumors 6502a

DarkHeraldMage

Hmm, I don't want to bother if it's not going to sync anything after the 25,000. My main curiosity lies in the question of whether or not iTunes considers downloaded Matched songs as iTunes purchases, thus not considering them as part of the 25,000 songs you're allowed. You can have 24,000 songs imported from CDs and 10,000 tracks purchased from iTunes and still use Match, but what I'm wondering is if you then start Matching those CD imports, will you still get locked up in 1000 songs or does your non-iTunes purchased count go down as your Matched count goes up?

I know...confusing. :confused: lol