What happens on the 9th of some month? :)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by dtodor, Jan 20, 2011.

1. My name is Alex macrumors regular

My name is Alex

2. JPanther macrumors newbie

the blurred letters look too short for March to me! Fingers crossed for February ;)

3. Saladinos macrumors 68000

Saladinos

Certainly possible, especially with the iOS 4.3 resources.

Those resources also indicate a possible immediate launch (otherwise it'd make sense to roll it in to a future update). I can see a lot of iPad owners (including myself) getting angry that their 6-month old device has been replaced by something so hugely more powerful as we are supposed to believe the iPad 2 to be.

It would literally be 6 months (iPad 1 was released at end of July). Nobody has a problem with technology advancing, but the fact is that customers are not going to be happy with something that depreciates that quickly. That's why we're not on Android.

4. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

It released in April 2010 in the US, so...

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

My special friend comes.

Wait ... I mean, I don't know but if they released something next month then I would feel as though I got good use out of my first gen and can move onto the next gen. That is, unless Uncle Sam advises me he'd like to bend me over again. :cool:

6. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

He will

7. tac22 macrumors 6502

The 27th picture is a home screen shot that goes on the box (I don't know where else it shows up.)

The other picture is the shot that shows up in setting when you preview your wallpaper (except for that one is for the iPad 2)

But guess what, the 9th still shows up on the current generations preview of wallpaper shot. The picture is also on the the main article on macrumors, but if you have an iPad you can check for yourself.

There is no change in date between the 2 therefore there is no conclusion to make. The 9 is irrelevant to the iPad 2.

8. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I don't think it will be February 9th because that's the date HP has a media event presumably to show off some its palm products.

9. tallyho macrumors 6502a

tallyho

Having said that, if Apple also has a media event on February 9th, which event do you think will get more media coverage?

10. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Doesn't matter, apple does want to share the spotlight.

11. jb1280 macrumors 6502a

Probably not February given that they are promoting iPad front and center for Valentine's Day in the online store. They may not care about updating something right after a holiday, but they haven't usually updated a device half-way through a promotion cycle - not meaning a "sale".

Case in point, 2008's Back to School iPod sale in Europe was in the autumn. All promo emails and material had an iMac - not a Macbook, most likely since the unibody machines were about to be released.

12. tac22 macrumors 6502

I'm pretty sure the announcement itself will be in march, but probably an early april release.

But did anyone read my last post, the 9th is irrelevant, it has shown the 9th there on the original iPad for as long as I remember,

Just go check yourself under settings and wallpaper

13. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

I hope these 2 events dont happen simultaneously :eek:

14. St. Germain macrumors 6502

15. Jack97 macrumors regular

Jack97

16. tac22 macrumors 6502

No there not. Omg :eek:

All the other sites have already debunked this, bgr... Tipb...
    The date has been on the original iPad since day one under wallpaper, and this is where they found the image

17. abooch1 macrumors regular

Why would they announce it right before the Verizon iPhone comes out?

18. Zackmd1 macrumors 6502a

What does an iphone haft to do with an ipad?

19. afireintonto macrumors 6502a

afireintonto

to keep up the apple hype?

20. rburly macrumors 6502a

rburly

What will happen? My guess is, if you live in the US, you'll be doing your taxes. :)