What happens to my 6s+ 64GB if dropped?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ritte, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Ritte macrumors regular

So I have an 6s+ 64GB with AppleCare. I wonder what will happen if I need to swap out my phone since 64GB will not available anymore? For how long do you think they would keep the 64GB version?

2. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

They will probably keep them on stock for a long time. The Original iPhone was still able to be replaced until 2-3 years ago.

3. Ritte thread starter macrumors regular

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the first time they are selling the last years phones with altered specs? It would be cheaper for them to stick with one version rather than two. Knowing Apple..

4. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

They have usually dropped the number of storage options by at least one. They will have many 64GB phones in stock for replacements, of course it will likely be refurbished, but that is just as good as new, and they don't usually give you a brand new replacement now anyway.

5. RedOrchestra Suspended

Looks like there might be a lot of accidental dropping going on to get a higher tiered replacement.

Heads up, Apple's probably got/will have millions of refurbished 6s+ 64GB models in stock though AUP and other refurbishing.

6. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

Also, it looks like apple is really pushing screen replacements vs. giving people new phones under AC+, which would explain the price decrease for screen repairs under AC+