What happens to my old phone if I buy a 3G?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gtg738w, Jun 27, 2008.

1. gtg738w macrumors newbie

Has there been any word on what will happen to an old iPhone if it is replaced with a 3G model? Will it be completely locked again or could it be usable as an ipod and for apps (itunes remote)? You would think that Apple would like to avoid thousands of cheap phones flooding eBay and eating into 3G sales. Besides, for what we paid for the phone it should continue to do something after we spend even more money... What do you guys think?

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

You keep it and use it as an iPod touch with a camera. I've had mine for a year and that's the only way I've used mine.

3. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Well, since the phone was already activated you will still be able to use all the features of it except EDGE and calling of course. If you do a restore of it, you won't be able to use it anymore because it needs to be activated.

BUT, you could always just use ZiPhone, which will also keep the iPhone in an unlocked mode. ZiPhone will never go away either for the old phones. Unless you upgrade the firmware, but even then someone will be able to unlock it.

If you know what i'm saying.

4. Shackler macrumors 6502a

Shackler