What happens when..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by heyitsfez, Aug 6, 2013.

1. heyitsfez macrumors member

A call comes in while an iphone is restoring from an icloud backup? I have an appointment tomorrow at an apple store, & it seems like I might need to get the device (ip5) replaced, which means I'll have to go over the whole setup process and restore from an icloud backup. The thing is, I'm supposed to have someone call me tomorrow but I don't know the time. If luck isn't on my favor and I get the phone replaced and throughout the icloud restore process the call comes in, what happens?? Does it go to voicemail if it's set up? Or does it not simply connect at all? I guess my question is similar to getting a call when the device is turned off, but it's a really important call and I wanted to know your guys' take on this. All help will be appreciated! :)

2. cynics macrumors G3

Goto voicemail if its not connected to service. If its on and restoring via the cloud you'll get the call.

3. Merkie macrumors 68020

Take your laptop with you, and backup and restore using iTunes. It's faster than iCloud. I suppose iCloud backups are better suited for emergencies to prevent sudden loss of data, in case of expected restores I would recommend using iTunes :).