What hardware would you like to see what works with the iphone...?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by detz, Mar 18, 2009.

1. detz macrumors 65816

Now that they are allowing third party hardware what cool devises would you see coming to the market?

I would like to see the car thing that you can plug in and it tells you what's wrong with your car, I forget what the protocol is called.

Bar code scanner would be nice too.

2. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

This would be fantastic.

You can already do this with the camera, but yes, an actual reader would be faster which would be nice.

This, plus the "1,000 new APIs" are the real big news yesterday. A year from now I suspect that every single app on the top-50 list is something different than it is today.

3. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

I would like to see a small folding keyboard like we had for the Palm Pilot and WinCE devices.

4. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

There's no way of knowing yet, but this kind of thing might actually be possible now.

I really hope there will be a way to the iPhone screen into a video signal that goes out the dock connector. Just like how they show off programs at the Apple demos...I'd love to be able to put my phone's screen up on a television.

5. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

That would be nice as well.

The current limit of only being able to show videos and pictures is a big limitation IMHO.

6. fluff macrumors member

Memory Card

A memory card reader to dump photos onto the iphone......