What I like and what I don’t from Lion

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Lykos1986, Jul 24, 2011.

1. Lykos1986 macrumors member

Like:

1. It seam a lite bit faster than Snow Leopard (using the same hardware)
    2. I like the Launch Pad!!! I was thinking that I was not going to use this feature! But no… It is amazing!
    3. I like the full screen view! It takes a bit of time to get use to but it is amazing!
    4. The new effects – animations are cool. Sometimes a little bit disturbing but cool!
    5. I love the full screen mode of the Preview!!!! Perfect job there!!!

Don’t like:

1. Sometimes it recognizes the three fingers swipe for two fingers and just destroys the video that I was loading in my browser.
    2. Why going back to a page inside Safari must load the previous page again? It was not like that before… I just want to go back and see the contends of the page as they were before!
    3. I can’t use the swipe for back and forward inside the folders – finder! I am sure that it was a feature of Snow Leopard!
    4. The icons under Favorites and Devices at the finder are just RIDICULUS! I hate that they are color less (it take ages to find what you want instantly) and also that they reduce the quality of the designs.
    5. The badges at the dock look worst now. I prefer the ones at Snow Leopard using my 13” screen. They look better using the Cinema Display.
    6. I can’t put my MacBook Pro into sleep with the lid open and use only the Cinema Display. The temps with the lid close are 3-5 degrees more in normal use and 15-20+ under extensive use. The fan runs at full speed…
    7. There is a problem with Safari and the multiple tabs. Sometimes it is not showing the x buttons in order to delete a tab. You have to go to another tab; return back to the one that you want and then you will have (hopefully) the x button.
    8. WTF is the All My Files under Finder? It takes more time and effort to find anything there! It makes a little sense if you arrange everything using Date Last Opened but still…

I know that I have more dislikes but in general I like Lion!!! So, what about your like and dislike?

2. darkeartg macrumors regular

for number 3: to be able to swipe in finder change go to trackpad under system preference then under "more gestures" change the "swipe between pages" to swipe with two or three fingers, then change "swipe between full screen apps" to swipe l or r with four fingers.

it should work then, you can then swipe between folders with 3 fingers