Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

johnjohn123123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 29, 2020
I have iPhone 11 and its screen was broken, so I will send it to an authorized reseller for Apple. but before doing so I will remove all the data I have these data include; photos, videos, apps (mail app, WhatsApp, and other apps).

so I have these 2 questions:-

1. Is there a way to backup all my data and apps and to be able to restore them after getting my mobile fixed?
  2. How I can securely remove the data inside my phone, so it can not be recovered when I send it to the technician?
Thanks

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
When an iPhone is sent in for repair, nobody can get past the lock screen to get at your data. Nobody including Apple. They can turn on the phone but not get past the lock screen.
You don't need to erase your data.

The reason they tell everyone to back up their data before sending it in is because sometimes things go wrong when opening up the phone and the phone becomes damaged beyond repair - unusable.

When that happens (and sometimes it does) they'll provide a replacement iPhone- but it obviously won't have your data on it. If you have a backup, you can restore it from the backup and have everything in order once again with no problems.

An apple tech once told me that opening up newer iPhones is like open heart surgery on a person— it's risky.

Back up your iPhone via iCloud or to your Mac/PC.

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
1. Backup via iCloud or your Mac if you own one.
2. Factory restore the phone. This will erase your phone.

I would not worry about your data. The only person it is important to is you. Never understood why the average person worries about their data being stolen. Us average people are not important enough to be targeted.

Reactions: Shirasaki

Lee_Bo

Cancelled
Mar 26, 2017
As the others have already said, back up your device then reset to factory. When you get it back, have another device handy that you have logged into to get the 2FA code when you set your original device back up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.