What I saw at the ATT store earlier today (6/24)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by theonekcrow, Jun 24, 2010.

1. theonekcrow macrumors 6502a

theonekcrow

I went into the ATT store earlier today to upgrade a phone to our account. (Not mine yet though, had to go through radio shack and will have mine next week.) Next to us was a gentleman that had gotten an iPhone 4 that morning, I'm guessing at the store at that time, cause he still had the iPhone 4 box and his 3GS with him. He had some kind of hardware problem and now has to send in his 4 to Apple. I felt sorry for him but happy for him at the same time. He will for sure be getting a new one, because refurbs are not in the supply yet, but I felt sorry for him because he couldn't even use his phone on the first day and will probably have to wait a week before he can have a new 4 back to use it. The ATT rep had to reactivate his 3GS for him to use in the meantime. I told him good luck and hopes that he gets it replaced quickly. Sucks doesn't it? :(

2. realjd macrumors newbie

From a quality standpoint, refurbs often have less problems than new ones. New units undergo only basic testing when they come off the factory line but refurbs are typically tested much more exhaustively to make sure they work.

3. theonekcrow thread starter macrumors 6502a

theonekcrow

Which isn't bad at all, I just felt sorry for the guy. Its sad to have a paperweight on launch day.

4. sparkomatic macrumors 6502a

sparkomatic

When the 3GS came out, I had a problem with the camera on mine. Took it to the Genius Bar and they gave me a "refurbished" phone. At first I was a little annoyed but they were only called refurbished at the time because they didn't have a box. The phones had only been out for a day so there really weren't refurbished ones. I guess they take a bunch and make them refurbished upon release just for this reason.

5. canderton macrumors member

at least he still has a 3GS to fall back on. A lot of people have either gone phone-less or have been using crappy "dumb" phones in anticipation for the iPhone 4