What I think we will see in the next iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chrismarle, May 7, 2012.

1. chrismarle macrumors 6502

So, first of all, I have 2 ideas, depending on if the next iPhone has a 4" display or a 3.5" display.

iPhone 4"

-4" Retina Display 1024x768 (320ppi)
    -Dualcore A5X with quadcore GPU
    -8 to 12 megapixels upgraded camera
    -Thin unibody metal construction
    -HD front facing camera
    -LTE connectivity with HSPA+ and DC-HSDPA

iPhone 3.5"

-3.5" Retina Display 960x640 (326ppi)
    -Dualcore A5X with quadcore GPU
    -8 to 12 megapixels upgraded camera
    -Thin unibody metal construction
    -HD front facing camera
    -LTE connectivity with HSPA+ and DC-HSDPA

So, what do you think about that?

2. Gator24765 macrumors 6502a

Gator24765

All I would need is the 4G LTE. I am with sprint so it will be unlimited. Sprint is hands down the best. Unlimited gives me piece of mind.

3. SpasticPat, May 7, 2012
    Last edited: May 7, 2012

SpasticPat macrumors 6502

SpasticPat

I'm grandfathered into unlimited w/VZW and I'm happy there with decent network coverage and speed. My friends have Sprint and love it, unfortunately they don't have coverage where I live. But I just want the LTE and a decent battery (which is a given). Also, you know the next iPhone will have at least an 8 megapixel camera since the 4S does.

4. DeepIn2U macrumors 68040

DeepIn2U

Thin unibody metal enclosure? Not going to happen, not unless a horrible iPad like backing can be done. I'd seriously HATE that on a smartphone if it occurs - even with top quality styling like the last 5 HTC models.

I'd rather Glass or some other highly recyclable material.

8MP Camera may remain 1 more iteration; just better software to allow for rapid pictures during movie recording. Better optics algorithms for less noise etc etc.

12MP is a SERIOUS leap - not that its a hassle they can once again lean on Sony for that - but I honestly think they'll skip this without having a significantly major 2 selling points that beat the competition beyond a 3mth lead.

5. MF878 macrumors regular

MF878

I think for the 4 inch, you'd be looking at an 1152x640, 9:5 display, or a 16:9 11**x640 (the asterisks mean I am too lazy to do the math). Other than that, I think your predictions are spot on.

Here is something I posted on another thread a couple of days ago outlining my hopes/speculation...

6. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

Only Apple knows what's in the pipeline.

All I know is it should prove to be interesting, unless they recycle the same old glass enclosure that is currently in it's second year.

7. fertilized-egg macrumors 68020

A 4" display with a 1024x768 resolution will be too big. It'll be as wide as a 4.7-4.9" Android phone. There's no way Apple will go that far.

I'm not that big on a narrow phone but Apple will probably try to keep the size of the phone as small as possible, which means the screen will probably grow up and down instead of sideways.

8. dkersten macrumors 6502a

I don't think the iPhone needs a quadcore gpu. You must remember that the quadcore gpu in the ipad must drive many, many more pixels (4x the pixels proposed in your 4in iPhone). I think that this gpu would create too much heat for the iPhone and wouldn't yield groundbreaking results.

LTE, absolutely

I would love to see an all medal unibody design but I don't know if it is possible. Just look at all the problems the transformer prime is having with gps and wifi signal. If Apple could figure out a way to keep reception up then I would be all for it.

I would hope they would be able to but a larger battery or new battery technology into the phone to keep the phone charged on 4G (even though the less power hungry qualcomm 4G chips should ship with the iPhone in the fall).

9. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

THIS

People should be hoping for an CortexA15 based A6 SOC on Samsung's new 28/32nm process Apple has been trialing in ATV3/iPad2,4.

10. AlphaVictor87 macrumors 6502a

AlphaVictor87

I think that you could have just said the difference in screen size. You have the exact same thing for each option....

Also there have been about a million other threads you could have posted this in. If you were going to start a new one at least have a bit more detailed guess about it.

11. mrmarts macrumors 65816

Definetly coming features

4g lte apple introduced it with the iPad

Memory bump from the current 512mg to 1gb

Graphics little change or no change

Storage sizes no increase here 64gb will remain the largest size untill the iPhone 5s

Wider screen 4 inch

Slimer form shape retains glass back