What I want out of the Iphone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by xdavebmx, May 5, 2012.

1. xdavebmx macrumors newbie

Hey guys, i've been a reader on this site for a long time, and i recently made a video of myself discussing what I want and what can be expected out of the iphone 5. It got me thinking, what would you guys like to see out of the next generation iphone?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOJkFVV1Ku4

check it out, lemme know what you think!

Other than a bigger screen and LTE support, what else could this next generation phone have that you would want?

2. ThatsMeRight macrumors 68020

I'd rather have you to make a quick list and post it here instead of letting everybody watch a video.

But sure, my ideal iPhone would be this:

1) New design, Gorilla Glass 2, Liquid Metal back

2) 4.6" display
    - 2048 x 1280 resolution (how would this look like? Open an iPhone app on your iPhone and you've got the exact width - add a few milimeters in length and there's your 4.6" display).
    - 528 pixels per inch
    - Apple's own OLED technology: all the benefits of OLED and LCD without the negative aspects
    - Privacy Mode (limit viewing angles)

3) Waterproof coating (just in case your iPhone somehow ends up in the water)

4) Next-generation touchscreen
    - Higher accuracy (great for a stylus: no thick points)
    - Touchscreen response and input lag: 1 ms (great for note taking: no delay)
    - Tactical feedback (Senseg technology)

5) Stereo speakers
    - High quality
    - Louder
    - Facing to your face, not away from your face

6) FM radio (it's still quite big in Europe, Asia, Australia and Africa)

7) LTE chip

8) FaceTime HD

9) FaceTime touch
    - Make use of the tactical feedback mentioned earlier: now you can touch each other even when you're far, far away

10) 16 megapixel camera
    - 720p HD 120 frames per second video recording
    - 1080p Full HD 60 fps
    - 4K Cinema 30 fps
    - Hardware stabilization (next to software stabilization)
    - Lytro technology: focus pictures after taking them
    - Panorama mode
    - iSlowmotion app (let us create slowmotion videos from those 720p120fps or 1080p60fps videos)

11) A6 chip
    - Quad-core 2 GHz Cortex A15 CPU
    - Dual-core PowerVR Series 6 GPU (these are really powerful)
    - 2 GB RAM
    - Extremely low energy usage

12) Dump 16 GB model, add 128 GB model.

13) Battery life: must last through at least three days of normal to heavy usage
    - Fast charging: charged up to 80% in under 30 minutes

-------------
    But this would be an 'ideal' iPhone - and no way Apple is going to be able to create and produce such an ideal iPhone.

3. xdavebmx thread starter macrumors newbie

hmmm, very impressed with your list. A bit surprised to see there is a demand for inclusion of FM radio. That would be a good feature, streaming music without and kind of data usage.

One thing i mentioned in my video which i think would be really important in creating a "next gen" phone would be the inclusion of the latest google maps. The 3D google maps that android users now have. I recently had some experience with an android phone and was really impressed at how well the default google maps were on there compared to the default of the iphone. A lot of iphone users still have a stand-alone GPS because they don't trust or dont like their map applications.