What I would like to see AT&T do to handle the lines

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by KauaiBruce, Jul 8, 2008.

1. KauaiBruce macrumors 6502a

KauaiBruce

They could have one special card printed for each type of phone they have in stock. Different cards for 16gb of black and white, plus cards for the 8gb black ones. Then have numbered stickers for up to the number of phones in stock.

When the store opens they could go through the line and hand out the cards and let each person pick their desired model. They get a card with a numbered sticker put on it.

If you DO NOT get your desired model you can then get into a different line to do an order for store delivery for the one you want. I really want to know whether I get a 16GB before standing in line for 5 hours.

They could easily do a chart telling you what time to return for your number.

If people want to hang out and wait for their time, the OK, let them. Others can return a few hours later. People who arrive later can still get cards (if there are any left).

2. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

i agree with everything up to that point. if people are willing to wait the whole time they deserve their spot, i dont think people coming, then leaving and then coming back right when their time is up is fair

3. KauaiBruce thread starter macrumors 6502a

KauaiBruce

There is no point of doing any of my suggestion (other than at least counting how many want 16GB phones) if people still have to wait there all day.

If you take a number at the meat counter at the grocery store do you stand there even if you have 10 in front of you?

4. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

yes there is a point, its so people know they arent standing there for nothing. if you dont get a card leave, because you know they wont have enough for you. the cards would be to ensure that they have enough to reach you in the line