iPhone What I would like to see in ios 6 which will probably not be there

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by jacksmit, Aug 30, 2012.

1. jacksmit macrumors newbie

let me know if they are or if similar features then explain.

Restrictions - instead of allow changes/dont allow changes when changing locations settings ask for passcode for any restrictions.

In a similar way
    Option to have user enter passcode to power down. If someone holds down on sleep&home button for 10secs then phone switches off to restart and doesn't shut-down. I think it already does that. not sure. and dont want to test.
    Option to have user enter passcode when wanting to disable wi-fi, cellular data, 3G.
    Option to have user enter passcode when changing auto lock options.

Iphone is probably takes the longest to take out the battery then putting it back is a mission so thief will not be keen on taking battery out. With a pass code on all those options the thief will have no way to stop tracking the iphone. Yes he could take the sim card out but then needs a paper clip and if he inserts another sim card then it will connect to internet and you could trace your phone.

2. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

I would like to see MUCH better Airplay (although there are rumours about Airplay 2.0 coming) as it is so laggy when mirroring games or apps which are graphically intensive. My Apple TV, iPhone and iPad are all connected to a router with 30 download and 3 upload and yet it still lags. Pain in the .... really

3. tipp macrumors regular

The up/down speeds of your router internet connection have nothing to do with Airplay lagging. That's a problem with your internal network. Airplay doesn't lag at all on my network unless I move the streaming device to a location with known poor reception.

4. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

What kind of internal network problem??? I use an Airport Extreme connected to a good router supplied by my ISP. Everything else works perfectly beside Airplay.
    Any light you could shed on this would be great...

5. tipp macrumors regular

Well, first of all, the Airport Extreme is a router as well. I have no idea how your network is set up, but I'd make sure your Extreme is set up as a router and not just as a switch behind the ISP router/modem. Basically, you want the Extreme (not the ISP router/modem) managing and controlling your internal network traffic (Wireless tab > Create a Network).

Beyond that, there are a number of things that could cause WiFi network issues such as interference from other wireless devices, distance from the Extreme, and degrading materials in your walls (copper water pipes can stop signals 100%). On the Extreme you could try changing wireless channels or switch to the 5Ghz radio.

Also, remember that even if you're sitting right in front of the Apple TV, it doesn't just stream from one to the other. For local content, the signal has to travel from your iOS device to the Extreme and then back to the Apple TV.

Good luck!

6. fdsDIST macrumors newbie

i/o error when saving file in cs5 illustrator???

Moved file, Renamed,
    What is this error
    I/O
    File was fine got the client on his last approval
    and this error has me baffled!!!