What I'd like in the iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 1984world, Dec 12, 2011.

1. 1984world macrumors 6502

1984world

I love my iphone 4S. It rocks. A few things I would like to see:

128 gb.

I'm on the go a lot, away for periods, and would love to fill it up with media and need more space. To be honest, I'd pay for 500 gb. Price wouldn't be an issue.

LED light.

It's the one big thing I miss from blackberry. The ONLY thing I actually miss. LED notification light would be so handy, very convenient, easy to implement.

Ability to Lock Individual Apps

Pretty self explanatory.

Abiltity to Lock Individual Photo Albums

Pretty self explanatory.

Ability to have a second phone line

Other than VOIP, I would like the ability to have a fully second phone line on my phone. Rogers (Canada) doesn't have this ability, and they have advised me that it is iphone related.

Those are pretty much my beefs (nothing major, just wants really) and would make the phone completely untouchable for me.

thoughts?

2. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

That's a lot your asking. I'd like for it to project images and videos onto a wall instead of everyone gathering around to look at what I took on the camera.

3. Tea-Aholic macrumors 6502

I haven't used it, but doesn't
    Settings > General > Accessibility > LED Flash for Alerts achieve the same thing?

4. Zxxv macrumors 68040

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I'd like it to passcode lock when I leave a secure area. ie home work trusted friends houses etc

I'll Unlock it myself but when in one of those secure areas it should remain unlocked untill I leave, then it locks. It remains locked in the unsecured areas. Of course I can unlock it but it auto locks again. Basically the opposite action of a secured area.

5. mysterioustko macrumors 6502

Flashing the camera flash is a HORRIBLE implementation of LED alerts. Apple did a terrible job with that. It's so thrown together it's ridiculous. I don't know how anyone at Apple thought flashing the camera flash was a good idea.

6. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

It's an accessibility feature (for deaf/hearing impaired), not a convenience feature.

7. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

Any other company, maybe 2013 with those features. Apple, 2016 or so.

8. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

Personally I'd like a huge selection of quality 3rd party apps... built-in integration with my music library... good battery life... a consistent & intuitive user interface... and a convenient wireless sync method with my computer. How's the other company doing on those items?

Apple has the important stuff down pat.

9. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

I agree 100% with you. Responding to OP, we all know Apple is years later than anyone else on features. Nothing wrong with it in my opinion. I'm patient and Apple does a great job once they release the features.

10. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

I had a BB and the LED light was annoying as fck. Locking individual apps would be awesome though (my motorola krzr had this, don't know why most smartphones don't..).

11. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

A 500GB SSD wouldn't be a price issue? I'd like to visit your world.

12. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

I'd love to see an led flash on the front. That's one thing I do miss about having a blackberry. Probably won't see 128gb anytime soon, and 500gb lol?!

13. Jare macrumors 65816

Jare

128 gb.

Larger size would be great. Though I'd rather see an increase in iCloud storage (paid) to 500GB, for music/video storage. Then I can eliminate the need for larger on-board size.

LED light.

Already here. LED flash on back through Accessibility.

Ability to Lock Individual Apps

Passcode lock on phone.

Abiltity to Lock Individual Photo Albums

Stop taking noods, seriously.

Ability to have a second phone line

Not really useful.

14. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Unless you want to fatten the iphone to add a second sim, you'll have to do without.

15. Jimbo47 macrumors 6502a

I hate when people compare the flashing camera LEad to the flashing LED on android and BB saying "it's already here". The two are simply not comparable. But it should be taken into account that the flash led is for the hearing impaired, not as a convienence like android and BB. I really do miss the LED from my android, but it was crazy sometimes. It would flash when i didn't even have any notifications. Not to mention I had 4 refurbs, each one had the LED "blow out" every 3 months or so.

16. Jare macrumors 65816

Jare

It's a flashing LED on the back, exactly the same thing. Just not designed for the function you want it to be (front facing flash).

17. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

Which is why he is saying he wishes they would implement the more useful LED light.

It's the other people trying to say that we already have that, when we don't.

18. Jimbo47 macrumors 6502a

What I meant is it doesn't keep flashing like it does on android or BB, it flashes once and it's done. So if you aren't looking at the phone when it goes off, you won't see it, though it's not hard to turn the screen on and see if you have a notification.

19. bjb.butler macrumors 6502a

bjb.butler

It's definitely not the same thing...
    Blackberrys and android phones keep flashing until you have checked you're notification. The iPhone implementation is an accessibility feature, and it's not even implemented correctly. It only flashes once... Uh... What it you miss it?
    And I personally don't even see the point. How far away is your phone from you where you will see the brief flash as opposed to the screen that lights up when you get a message/call/email/etc

20. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

REALLY?????Apple must have care about me as deaf person! :)

----------

I know it has nothing to do with hardwares but iOS I really would like to have the ability to remove useless Apple's apps such as Stock, voice memo, weather, etc so it will give more room/space. How can teenager have an iphone with stock app? Is teenager making more money with stock?

21. Zxxv macrumors 68040

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Seems you haven't seen the young apprentice

22. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

500GB of cloud storage isn't much help with 2GB data caps :p That is the main impediment to iCloud IMO.

23. sentinelsx macrumors 68010

- 128GB

- front facing LED notification or side facing (i never put my phone with face down and the camera LED flash is meh)

- 4-inch screen

- tapered back edges (current straight sections are annoying after a few minutes of browsing/youtube)

- a better home button which does not wear out after 6 months of use

- better quality headphones (for the price of the phone we pay, the bundled ones suck a lot, and that can be immediately discovered by buying even some cheap $20 headphones which give better sound, and are more durable in experience)

Really though, if it was not for the awesome battery life of the iPhone 4 (refuse to buy a 4s, without JB i would have to use iTunes which drives me nuts), i would be using an android as my primary phone. All google needs to fix is their atrocious battery life. Everything else is good.

24. kfergiez macrumors 6502

kfergiez

I don't really understand why people are bashing your list, I totally agree with you. People are really getting defensive trying to justify the current iPhone setup. I think the OP is wishing for all this stuff in future phones... chill.

25. ljonesj macrumors 6502a

ljonesj

The only thing i wish they would do is for the 8gb models when the new ones come is put in a micro sd card slot. Some people can afford the cheaper phone but not the latest one. So being able to expand the storage memory would be great i can understand not having that feature on the new iphones