What, if anything do you collect?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ChrisTX, Apr 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChrisTX, Apr 22, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2012

ChrisTX macrumors 68030

ChrisTX

I did a basic search, and couldn't find a similar thread so I decided to make one. So I know most of us here are tech fans, mainly Apple. But what else are you a into? I own several Apple products like many here, but as of a few years ago, I've really got into collecting Oakley sunglasses! Anyone else here have any cool hobbies? Sorry if this thread has already been made, but I was bored, and decided to make one. I guess this could really go for anything else that you're into really.

2. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

In addition to Apple products, I also absolutely LOVE Motorola devices.

3. ChrisTX thread starter macrumors 68030

ChrisTX

Sarcasm?

4. tekno macrumors 6502a

I'm not a fan nor a collector of Apple products, I'm a consumer. And as a consumer I'm happy to consume other brands if Apple cease to satisfy my needs.

For me Macrumors is a free technical helpline, not a social club.

5. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

He loves that too.

I like sex.

6. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

7. ChrisTX, Apr 22, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2012

ChrisTX thread starter macrumors 68030

ChrisTX

Then why comment? I've seen many sports, and music related threads here this one was mainly "for fun" not serious business. :rolleyes:

8. tekno macrumors 6502a

Sorry, I guess I was thrown-off by your thread title: "We all like Apple products here, but what else?"

By being a member of this forum I assumed I was part of the 'all'. But we all make mistakes.

9. ChrisTX thread starter macrumors 68030

ChrisTX

Sorry I didn't account for the trolls, and everyone else here.

10. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

How is it sarcasm?

All my motorola phones have lasted me forever and have been the most reliable. Motorola is what made Android what it is today. I own several Motorola devices from cell phones to bluetooth speakers to walkie talkies. I love Motorola. There's nothing wrong with that.

11. tktaylor1 macrumors 6502a

tktaylor1

12. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

I like:

Videogames
    Snowboards
    3D modeling

This sounds weird but I don't really collect things from a specific brand, but I do collect software.

Unfortunately for me its high end expensive software (that I do pay for, no pirating) that I'll sit down with and learn everything about it even though I don't use it for work.

Again, I know thats weird but literally in my free time I don't watch cable, I watch Digital Tutors and learn software like Maya, Houdini, ZBrush, Realflow, etc etc. I use everything I start learning too for my 3D modeling hobby.

13. Firestar macrumors 68020

Firestar

I like drawing, and I write awfully. Those are really my only hobbies unless you count internet shtuff and homework (but that's not really much of a hobbie).

Edit: Alright, I'm confused. Are you asking our hobbies, likes, or what we collect? Or all?

14. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I used to like Motorola too back in the 80s and 90s when pagers were popular. They were the only brand I liked, still have my last pager from the early 90s in a drawer.

15. Hastings101 macrumors 68010

Hastings101

I collect dust. I'm kind of a hoarder, it's everywhere in my house.

16. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Seconded. I have a house way too big for me and I can't possibly keep the thing clean.

17. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

books. at least the ones that i like. i used to be more of a collector type but i realized that it tends to be clutter more than anything and try to not fall into that trap for myself.

18. ChrisTX thread starter macrumors 68030

ChrisTX

I didn't say it was. I was merely asking. It's hard to detect sarcasm on the Internet. :cool:

19. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

I used to collect computers of all kinds. I have a few Dell's, a few HP's, IBMS, Packard Bells, You name a brand I probably owned a PC from them. (Plus more than a few Macs of course.) I stopped when I was around 16 or so, I just completely ran out of space to keep them while living in my parents house. I now live in an even tinier house, so about half my old collection is still there. If I ever get a big enough living area someday, maybe I'll resume collecting. But for now, an ongoing collection I do not have.

20. Shotgun OS macrumors 6502a

Started collecting vinyl records over the past 3 years. Just preordered 3 releases this month, and picked up 2 more on Record Store Day yesterday.

21. CrickettGrrrl macrumors 6502a

CrickettGrrrl

Books, tons & tons of them, mostly art & architecture --why they're extra heavy. Before a couple years ago I couldn't imagine a life not collecting books, but now they seem like a huge, heavy, millstone-PITA. Oh, and Swatch watches. And a small collection (fortunately) of cookie jars.

Too much stuff and I can't wait to get rid of a lot of it.

22. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

I collected comic books growing up and still have my collection. Today I don't really collect anything. I have interests, passions, and hobbies like books, music, movies, tech, photo, video, sports, MacRumors, etc., but I wouldn't call any of those things collections.

23. senseless macrumors 68000

senseless

24. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

I collect hard bound books, I probably have 150 or so here and another 120 in the US. Not a huge collection on the bookshelf, but when it comes time to move. PITA.

Paperbacks are too flimsy to collect imo. Put the book down wrong once and you have a creased cover for life. :mad:

25. malman89 macrumors 68000

Same. I used to hit up one of the multiple used book stores in walking distance, but I collected so many that I now just keep the core ones that I enjoy (which does slowly grow) and then just swap books at those stores. I'll probably buy a book from Store A, read it, and then return it to Store B, which I'll read and return to Store A or C.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.