What if I don't want to wait for iPhone delivery?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by trlyka, Sep 17, 2012.

1. trlyka macrumors 6502a

trlyka

I ordered from the Apple site. 2 iPhones, 2 USB cords, and 2 30 pin adapters. When I got the 4, it was delivered on time. This new order says the phones and USB cords are due in 2-3 week and the 30 pin connector says Oct. with no date or time frame, just October.

We can assume it will all come at once, but perhaps not.

I didn't know if it was frowned upon to order and then still go to the store and buy if it's available. Or doesn't it matter. If I saw the items shipped and it was only a few days until they arrived, I would probably wait. But if I see nothing has shipped, and my local AT&T store has what I want in stock, I may cancel online if I can.

Just wondering what others have done....

2. HowardSmith macrumors 6502a

If you are using an upgrade, I think it would have been used on the one in the mail so so would not get another in the store.

You CAN refuse deleivery and it will go back and you will get a refund in a week or so.

3. SinkOrSwim macrumors regular

SinkOrSwim

Most likely, they won't all come in one package. But you never know. It only took 30 minutes after midnight when it was ok to preorder till the iPhone 5 sold out on the ones already made and packed and just waiting to be shipped. So after that heavenly 30 minutes, all orders got moved to 2-3 weeks. I did not pre order coz I can't decide what color so I have to see it in hand to make a decision. I'll see if I can score one this Friday.

4. theganja macrumors newbie

theganja

5. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Please just wait for the one you AGREED to order.

People sending stuff back just messes up things for everybody else.

6. kappaknight macrumors 68000

kappaknight

It's just a phone, not a replacement mechanical heart. Just chill and wait it out.

7. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

FYI, accessories are often times shipped separately.

8. cperchard macrumors 6502a

:d

9. madsci954 macrumors 68030

Remember when patience was a virtue? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

10. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

Agreed. I preordered the iPhone 5 with a spare lightning cable and iPod camera kit. The camera kit shipped a couple of days ago, the lightning cable shipped yesterday, and my iPhone is still preparing to ship.

11. wacomme macrumors regular

If it's a new purchase with a new carrier, I don't see any problem with buying at the store and then returning the phones shipped in the mail. However, store availability will likely be a problem and the phones shipped in the mail may be the fastest way to buy the new iPhone.

12. trlyka thread starter macrumors 6502a

trlyka

13. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

Overreact to a phone? No, that never happens. :rolleyes:

14. Boldizar macrumors newbie

I am thinking the same thing. Going to an AT&T store on Friday morning. Worst case I have the one on order for Oct 3rd. It's killing me though waiting. I've never missed the preorder before. I was told while I'm at AT&T and IF I get a phone I would have to call AT&T customer service and cancel it because I wouldn't get it for the upgrade price if the other phone is on order.

Kinda a pain but worth a shot.