What if I sell my Verizon Ip5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wmitch, Oct 5, 2012.

1. wmitch macrumors regular

So, I have a great Iphone 5. I love it and just preordered a white 1 for my wife after over a week of unsuccessful reservation.

However, I got to thinking if it would be worth it to try to make a buck on it. i probably won't do it but it got me wondering what Verizon would do.

$650 + $39 tax + $30 Activation Fee = $719 that it would cost to get in the store out of contract (or an extra $50 if you buy it from another retailer.)

I have $200 + $12 tax + $44 Case and Screen Protector = $256 Invested

Basically it looks like I could make about $500. then once they are easily available use another one of my lines to upgrade again.

So, here's my question- If I were to Sell my iPhone and want to reactivate a dumbphone and drop the data package would that be considered a contract termination or is it ok as long as I keep the main line?

2. articulatefool macrumors regular

You can change service. The worst they could do is require a contract renewal.

3. PDFierro macrumors 68040

That's not a contract termination. People do this all the time. As long as you keep your account/line going with another phone/drop the data, you can do whatever you want with the upgrade.

4. wmitch thread starter macrumors regular

This is Good to know!

Other than me not having my Iphone, are they any holes in my plan that i should be aware of?

Also, I know this may be seen as the wrong forum for this follow up question but you mods can move it if necessary.

What are your thoughts on asking price? prices on ebay are all over the map (like up to $1500) and there aren't any on CL here. It's black Verizon, 16gb.

5. Mr Hill macrumors 6502

People on Craigslist in my area are asking $800-900 for them.

6. chrizg macrumors newbie

chrizg

Verizon wouldn't let me leave the store with the phone without activating it. If you get from the apple store, will they leave you leave with new in box?

7. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

they are cheaper here on CL, 700-750 16 GB

8. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

you could do what you said. You are agreeing to a contract for service of two years, not keeping the same phone.

9. wmitch thread starter macrumors regular

well, I put it on CL for $900 or Iphone 4S + $500 or best Offer
    So we'll see what happens. If it sells awesome if not, that's cool too but Its worth a shot.

10. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

I bet it sells. People would easily pay a premium to have it today. ****, I have paid $100 to have something over nighted to me b.c I didn't want to wait 3-5 days.