What if I want to buy an iphone 4 and ..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by painholic, Jul 26, 2010.

1. painholic macrumors member

What if I want to buy an iphone 4, sell it, and get a new phone right away?
    is this possible?(assuming that i stay with AT&T) if it is possible, can I abandon my new phone and get the iphone again?

And this may be dumb question, but I am wondering if I can get AT&T network with a Verizon phone?

Thanks

2. Martinsalas310 macrumors regular

yes u can if ur getting a family plan but if u wana buy then sell and buy one again on the same line and same number u can but u will have to pay full price for the iphone and no u cant activate att phones with verizon or verizon phones with att.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Not unless you want to pay the full unsubsidized price

No, and if you break the contract you will need to pay an Early Termination Fee of 325 and cannot get a subsidized phone for 6 months from them. You can add a line and get a new phone, but if you cancel the other line you're on the hook for the ETF

No, two different incompatible phone technologies. AT&T uses GSM, Verizon uses CDMA. A verizon phone cannot work on the AT&T network and vice versa. That's why we see a tons of threads hoping for a verizon iphone, that is a CDMA version of the iPhone that will run on the verizon network.