What if iPhone 6 has a 8MP camera in the year 2014

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DBZmusicboy01, Sep 23, 2013.

1. KPOM macrumors G5

So? Good pictures are about a lot more than megapixels. If they have a bigger sensor and better lens, 8MP vs 12MP won't really matter.

2. Jest3r macrumors regular

...it would be the best 8mp camera on the market and take great pictures?

3. RenoG macrumors 65816

What if all android flagship phones were still plastic?

4. c0LdFire macrumors regular

What if you did something productive with your life instead of posting stupid ********?

5. ssls6 macrumors 6502a

ssls6

Then my new 6s should be awesome

6. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

high megapixels ≠*better photos.

I have a 10MP Canon DSLR and my mom has a 16MP Point-and-Shoot. My DSLR takes MUCH better photos despite the fact her P&S is 16MP.

Image sensors are much more important MP.

7. gentlefury macrumors 68030

Megapixel is a scam. My dslr is a 12 megapixel and it kills "higher" res point and shoots. Sensor and glass are all that matters.

8. Becact macrumors member

Do you ever print photos larger than 8x10? If so you might need more than 8mp. That's assuming no crop. But 8mp is good for a 8x10 print at 300ppi.

9. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

10. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

11. silver8ack macrumors regular

I hope it does!!!

8 mp is the sweet spot anyways. Keep making the sensor bigger and keep the mp down.

Just another notch in the belt for apple not follow stupid spec trends for the spec sheet.

Increasing mp is for the android dolts who throw specs around like it matters.

12. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

13. echo44, Sep 23, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2013

echo44 macrumors 6502

Go read the article on the front page of DPreview discusses how more megapixels has nothing to do with quality. I shoot pro Canon cameras
    and It would be safe to say the EOS 1D a $12000 dollar camera who's sensor
    is 18mp blows away any camera phone sensor and most would agree any conventional digital camera as well. So according to your implied logic the
    Nokia 1020 phone( 45 Mp) has a better sensor than the Canon pro camera.
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=855962&is=REG&Q=&A=details

The reason Apple doesn't go around touting how much faster their A7 processor is compared to Samsung or any other phone, or the study that just showed
    the touch screen response is 2x faster than any android tablet or phone, or how many megapixelsis, because they are focused on the end users overall experience. In other words look how amazing this picture is taken with the iPhone 5s. If you really want to know how far ahead Apple is go to the andantech site and read the review of the camera and a7 processor on the new iPhone 5s. So if Apple stays at 8Mp I will know the reason is because there were other much more significant changes to the camera such as increasing sensor size, improved algorithms etc, all thing that can drastically improve picture quality.
    In fact in order to school you look at the Moto x. The image quality has been horrible. Just today they released a software update that results in the phone having one of the highest quality cameras of any cell phone. All that was changed was code. Just shows how important the software side of the camera is in contribution to camera quality in the digital world.
    http://www.anandtech.com/show/7353/moto-x-update-dramatically-improves-camera-quality

14. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Do we still have people who think megapixel is the only stat on a camera? There's a reason why DSLRs are maybe 2x the number on megapixels compared to an iPhone yet take way better pictures. Shutter speed, aperture and more go into photo quality.

What the iPhone camera lacks is an option to select higher or lower quality pictures. My P&S has about four different selections so you're not forced to always use 12MP photos. That really helped my parents not need a third SD card on their trip to Europe earlier this year.

15. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

16. Afbar1114 macrumors 6502a

I saw something earlier today comparing ip5s. The lumia. And the Xperia cameras. The lumia had the worst compared to the other two and I like the ip5s so much better. It looked more real. The lumia looked fake.

17. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

just doesn't make sense to do that. I think they tried to hard. all the marketing is do or die by the camera.

18. Jimmy James macrumors 68040

Ding ding ding.

In fact, it would take better pictures than if they crammed it full of 16 MP.

19. TheBama macrumors 6502

TheBama

8MP with quality hardware is perfect for a cell phone.

I have a DSLR for when I need greater flexibility and larger finished image sizes. Stop trying to get Apple to give you a thousand dollar camera for $199. Selfies and shots of your lunch do not need to be professional-quality, yet the iPhone lets you get pretty damn close anyway.