What if Samsung became an Apple-authorized reseller?

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by moonman239, Sep 15, 2012.

1. moonman239 macrumors 68000

I'm just wondering what would happen if Samsung decided to dump their entire line of computers and mobile devices and signed a contract with Apple so they could sell Apple products.

I think they'd make a lot more money, considering iPhones and iPads are more popular than Samsung's phones and tablets. Then again, they sell dumbphones too.

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I have rarely seen a thread that makes less sense than this one

3. G51989, Sep 15, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2012

G51989 macrumors 68030

G51989

Your wrong on one thing.

Samsung's Smart Phones are more popular than Apples. And Samsung profits billions every quarter.

They offer more choice as well, I mean. Is there a phone as good as the galaxy S3 on the apple side? nope;.

4. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

5. Zotaccian macrumors 6502a

Zotaccian

Yeah, Apple's market share in smart phones is in single digits, Samsung has something 20% of global market share. Android has over 60% market share so Apple is not leading in mobile phones. I think Apple makes most profit though.

Both of these things are meaningless to me, I was looking for a durable mobile phone which Apple does not offer so iPhone was not an option.

6. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

...Because it's not like they make any money off their dozens of phone models... :rolleyes:

7. swingerofbirch macrumors 68030

The Amalgamated States of Central North America
    In 2011, Samsung had well over twice the revenue of Apple. Apple, however had higher income. Still, Samsung is a tremendously large and profitable company.

8. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

what does this even mean?

It's like saying Honda would make more money by selling Toyotas than their own stuff

9. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

Samsung definitely sells more phones than Apple. They would be fools to even consider such a proposal.

10. KnightWRX macrumors Pentium

KnightWRX

Uh ? In smartphones, Apple is quite well established in the double digits.

11. whoknows87 macrumors 6502a

whoknows87

Samsung is more of a household name than apple, apple is in line 100 countries or so , Samsung probably in every country :D

12. CyBeRino macrumors 6502a

They wouldn't sell enough apple products to even get near what they're doing in sales of their own stuff.

Even if they beat the absolute numbers (which they won't, because they're not the only ones selling Apple stuff), there's just less profit to be made selling someone else's stuff rather than your own.

13. G51989 macrumors 68030

G51989

Indeed they are. However, I don't think we'll ever see the same userbase that android has.

iOS is just to old, to dated, and just to limited for most people I think.