What if the ipod touch 3G had a camera? where would it be located? how many MP? Zoom?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by leomac08, Aug 5, 2009.

1. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

I was kind of thinking where is a good position to put a camera in the ipod touch 3G? I noticed if apple doesn't change the chrome back, will the camera be "heavily exposed", or will the back of the ipod touch have a "plastic-like covering" like the iphone 3G or S? also will the camera have zoom? and how many Mega-Pixels (i.e 1.3, 2.0, 3.0, 3.2?):confused:

2. Tigger11 macrumors 6502

The camera will most likely be the same one as in the Iphone 3GS.
    -Tig

3. MTI macrumors 65816

If it has a powerful enough zoom, will it be able to snap pics of Uranus?

4. leomac08 thread starter macrumors 68020

leomac08

so u think the "chrome back" of the ipod touch will go away and be replaced with the same material as the iphone? that would be awesome!

5. AngryApple macrumors 6502

That would be fantastic. The "chrome" back is my least favorite part. I'm skipping the 3g generation, though. So no sexy iPod touch for me. Oh well. I rather save for a MPB.

6. leomac08 thread starter macrumors 68020

leomac08

all i know is the ipod touch 3G will be EPIC!!!!!! i have a feeling!!!

7. gan6660 macrumors 65816

gan6660

Maybe there going to release 2 versions. 1 with a camera and plastic back and one without and a chrome back. It better have at least a 5mp camera and an OLED screen.

8. leomac08 thread starter macrumors 68020

leomac08

as much as that would be awesome, 2 ipods? i don't think so. 5MP would be nice, but not even the iphone 3G S has a 5.0 MP. and the OLED screen, i would agree, the nikon coolpix touch cameras have the same screen and it is possible! :)

9. jman800 macrumors regular

So your saying Apple is going to move the Wi-Fi receiver? A possibility but I don't see Apple wasting money to move it over just for the Camera...

10. na1577 macrumors 6502a

The camera will be located in the top center area of the iPod. Take a look at the leaked cases for an example. If the camera has zoom, which is unlikely because the iPhone doesn't have it, it will be digital because the iPod is too thin for optical zoom. It will have the 3G or 3GS camera, not a higher MP one. So that means it will be 2 or 3 MP. If it's 3, it will have video. The chrome back will probably stay, as almost all of the iPods have it, with the exception of some aluminum ones.

11. jman800 macrumors regular

True some leaked cases do have the Camera mounted in the middle, however you have to keep in mind these are guesses on where it will be. My point is that you can never be sure but in this case, a Middle camera seems like the most obvious answer, (Wi-Fi Spot is in the usual iPhone Camera place)

It would be MORE THAN nice to have the back changed to something that oh... doesn't scratch from... Everything. Including the most un-sharpest tools on earth. Crazy.

12. Tigger11 macrumors 6502

No I am saying the camera will be the same part (resolution, specs) as the one in the Iphone 3GS.
    -Tig

13. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

It will have the 2MP Camera, the 3MP Camera wouldnt be thin enough to fit inside the iPod.

14. 101X macrumors member

if it wants to sell alot :apple: should put like a 4 or 5 MP camera on it.