HomeKit What if you have multiple bedrooms? How to tell siri to control a certain room?

Discussion in 'HomeKit, HomePod, CarPlay, Home & Auto Technology' started by 212rikanmofo, Dec 6, 2018.

1. 212rikanmofo macrumors 68000

For example, we have multiple bedrooms, bathrooms. In a situation where I want to control the lights, how would I tell Siri to turn off all the lights in a specific bedroom?

I have an Apple TV and HomePod in my bedroom which both act as a hub, so when I say the command "Hey Siri turn on my lights" I'm assuming it would only turn on the lights that are in bedroom since thats what my HomePod and Apple TV are assigned to. But let's say I wanted to control lights in another bedroom, then how would I do that?

2. d.steve macrumors regular

In the Home app, you create and name the rooms, and you specify which rooms the devices are in. So you can say things like "turn on the master bedroom lights".

3. JBaby macrumors member

JBaby

First you need to give each bedroom it’s own specific name. Then when you ask Siri to turn off the lights you need to say, “Hey Siri, turn off the <specific bedroom name> lights.