What I'm looking forward to in the iPhone5: an Apple Guy's perspective (expectations)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bobby Corwen, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Bobby Corwen macrumors 68030

Basically, I just want to play the new Infinity Blade on it. The latest version. Just wow me.

I have the 4, I'm ready to upgrade, I've been eligible for a few months.

When the release happens, I will have my 300$ ready to order, and that's it. New device, new fresh battery.

Everything will be slightly more spacious, and then I will try out the latest games. I will watch a couple videos.

And that's it, I will go on using it day to day. Maybe use Siri. Maybe not. Whatever.

Guys, it's not the reinvention of all technology and we shouldnt expect to be transformed into a whole new paradigm of user experience.

Maybe the nicest camera yet, faster power. No speed hesitations ever. Just the same thing but another layer of polish on something already perfect. My life buddy. Everywhere I go he goes.

There hasn't been a day in the last few years that I haven't spent hours on my iPhone. Time well spent.

2. onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

3. duction macrumors 6502a

duction

I can relate to what your saying, and I agree time well spent! I just want the damn thing already! I have a 4 and need to upgrade :)

4. AlphaHumanus macrumors 6502

I agree completely. I also love that your post has been been marked down. seems like every pro apple/iPhone post in this place is marked down. What the hell are all these petty Fandroids doing on an apple rumor site anyway?

5. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

That is how i felt when the 4s came out. People were complaining about it, but the only thing it did not get was a new form. It had a better camera, faster processor, and siri.....really what a new phone is aside from a design change. If this one gets a new design I will upgrade

6. onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

Maybe it's iPhone fans who are tired of seeing devotees willingly and blindly buying into anything that comes next from Apple, as the OP demonstrates he's so ready to do. Maybe it's iPhone fans who recognize this blind devotion allows Apple to get away with incremental updates that hurt people who want more.

Or they're just Android fans. I have no idea. :p

7. Want300 macrumors 65816

Want300

I agree with you. I am very happy with the design of the iPhone 4/4s.

I do not think its style needs to change, but I would like a bigger screen. Not this just make it taller business though. I have no interest in that, it feels like a lousy way to give the phone a 4" screen.

I hope with this expected change of the docking connector, that Apple releases a small, effective adapter to use on the traditional 30-Pin connector in current use. I have a Bowers and Wilkins Zeppelin Air, which isn't cheap. Of course I have the ability to use it with AirPlay, but many times I like to just dock my phone on it instead. Airplay isn't always perfect after all.

8. Wrathwitch, Jul 11, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2012

Wrathwitch macrumors 65816

I could be imagining things, but I think, don't count this as gospel, that the reason that the OP's post may have been voted down was the fact that for pages upon countless pages he has contributed to the epeen Apple vs Android forum of a similar named thread and then took the same thread heading and modified it a bit in probable hopes of keeping the argument going.

I could be wrong though.

*looks around in a paranoid fashion to see these evil Fandroids*

Just sayin....

Hmm I must have been a bad bunny, my down vote button is gone!

9. Bobby Corwen thread starter macrumors 68030

Time well spent indeed --absorbing all the knowledge available on earth through my mini portal to the web I keep in my pocket.

I believe Arn came through with a fix for that just in the nick of time.

Yup. That's the point. A reminder that it's about the little things. The little benefits all add up to an incrimentally better experience than before. And that that should be enough.

I can't decide how I will feel about either of those things. Either way, I'm sure it will work. Supposedly Steve Jobs was closely involved in working on this as one of his final things... So maybe there will be something dynamically unique and inventive to enjoy. But even if not, that is fine. I'm sure however it looks it will be gorgeous and eye candy.