Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

guanfo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 1, 2010
Hi, I'm new at MacRumors and this is my first post.

I'm thinking about buying my first Mac. I've seen that for me the iMac is the better option.

Here is my question:

What I should buy? One of the new iMacs, specifically the 1699$ model (Core i3 3,2 GHz) or one of the old iMacs with Intel Core i7 2,8 GHz refurbished.

I don't know what to do :(

P.S: Sorry for my English but I'm form Catalonia

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
What are you going to do with it? What apps will you use? Any gaming? The refurb is a lot faster, I would get it

MorphingDragon

macrumors 603
Mar 27, 2009
The World Inbetween
Hi, I'm new at MacRumors and this is my first post.

I'm thinking about buying my first Mac. I've seen that for me the iMac is the better option.

Here is my question:

What I should buy? One of the new iMacs, specifically the 1699$ model (Core i3 3,2 GHz) or one of the old iMacs with Intel Core i7 2,8 GHz refurbished.

I don't know what to do :(

P.S: Sorry for my English but I'm form Catalonia

The old refurbished iMac will be faster, but it may have some of the known problems. (Yellow tinting of the screen, banding etc)

guanfo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 1, 2010
What are you going to do with it? What apps will you use? Any gaming? The refurb is a lot faster, I would get it

I wouldn't play games. I'd use it for watch movies in HD, editing some photos and videos (but with iPhoto and iMovie), work with iWork, ...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.