What insurance are you people using to insure your precious iPhone 6s?

LiemTa

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 2, 2014
Carrier, or Apple Care, or third party insurers.

Last edited by a moderator:

yillbs

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2015
Texas
Don't have insurance and never needed it.
Thread Title Was : What insurance are you people using to insure your iPhone 6s?
Thread Question Was : Carrier, or Apple Care, or third party insurers.

I think some of these posts / threads would be much less filled with clutter if you simply answered his question, and maybe even throw in a why you use said insurance company :)

Jordan921

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2010
Bay Area
Thread Title Was : What insurance are you people using to insure your iPhone 6s?
Thread Question Was : Carrier, or Apple Care, or third party insurers.

I think some of these posts / threads would be much less filled with clutter if you simply answered his question, and maybe even throw in a why you use said insurance company :)
I did answer his question. He asked what insurance we are using to insure our phones and I said I don't have insurance and never needed it. Thanks for being the thread police. Here's a "high five" for you.

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
Third party Squaretrade, $109 $50 deductible.
Easy to deal with.
I chose to take it to the Apple Store and pay out of pocket, get the points on cc, then pay the bill with the check I receive about 5 days after submtting the bill.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
Putting aside what I would pay on insurance each month into a small account. I have enough in that account to buy two new phones over the years. It's worked out well for me this far. I may end up using some of the cash as fun money at some point. :)

Reactions: joy_ng

yillbs

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2015
Texas
Putting aside what I would pay on insurance each month into a small account. I have enough in that account to buy two new phones over the years. It's worked out well for me this far. I may end up using some of the cash as fun money at some point. :)
That's actually a pretty decent idea....

Reactions: lordofthereef

eagleglen

macrumors 65816
Oct 2, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I use the carrier insurance I get from AT&T. It's $7/mo and now that I have had it for over a year without a claim, my deductible is reduced 50% to $100. My main reason for using AT&T's insurance instead of AppleCare + is to have theft and loss coverage, plus I upgrade every year, so I would never get the full benefit from AppleCare.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
That's actually a pretty decent idea....
I've always been a fan of o my insuring things that would cause a large financial hardship to replace. I also feel like the deductible versus the full value of the device ration is way too high. If deductibles (from reputable places) were maybe $50 I might bite. Most want $200 plus the $10 monthly fee. Unless I lose my phone I'm almost always better off paying for out of warranty repairs anyway. It's the same thing with Apple care; deductibles are too high and Apple is too generous wth out of warranty repairs.

andyp350

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2011
My contents insurance on my house covers any personal possessions I carry with me so I don't need specific insurance for my phone.

Will22

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2011
My contents insurance on my house covers any personal possessions I carry with me so I don't need specific insurance for my phone.
Similar for me but our house insurance is free with our bank. I've never used it but my wife has, she had a new sealed phone delivered in less than 24 hours and they don't even charge an excess fee.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.