What iPads did to my family! Too funny!

awmazz

macrumors 65816
Jul 4, 2007
There's certainly a lot of truth in that. Most people use computers lightly despite the comments on here (and even one in that blogpost) about needing a keyboard to write their next Warren Peace epic or needing a mouse to do.. mousey things.. or Flash to view Flashy things, it boils down to this thing fills that niche for the average person that netbooks tried to fill and laptops and desktops have been filling uneccessarily (way over-specc'ed).

ctakim

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 12, 2006
I looked everywhere but I couldn't find the "too funny" part.
I found it funny because he could have been describing my family. I got an iPad 2 weeks ago and I have not had half the time to use it that I wanted to. My family has been using it nonstop!!:)

skubish

macrumors 68030
Feb 2, 2005
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

"Why do we need something else with a CPU in it?". 

Really? I find it hard to believe someone in his family said this. Who says this anymore?

Dr Kevorkian94

macrumors 68020
Jun 9, 2009
SI, NY
I will be protecting mine with my life just like my iPhone no one touches it or even taps the screen even if it is in my hands. And it will replace my iPhone for such things as surfing the web in my basement ( as I am doing now with my iPhone) as for out on a regular basis it's my iPhone. But long trips or watching movies other than in my room or reading it my iPad all the way

CompanionCube

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2009
So far I've purchased 8 of them. Had to use dummy cards/accounts, and paid cash at our store for a few. My family loves them and we find ourselves abandoning our laptops. I don't use my i5 MBP's that much, I do use the i7 for mobile editing. The extra power is great.

danpass

macrumors 68020
Jun 27, 2009
Miami, FL
Good stuff.

And by owning a Harmony remote it gives the rest of his post credibility.*

*All the cool kids have Logitech Harmony remotes :D

Those lacking a sense of humor need not respond to my post :D

phpmaven

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2009
San Clemente, CA USA
awmazz said:
There's certainly a lot of truth in that. Most people use computers lightly despite the comments on here (and even one in that blogpost) about needing a keyboard to write their next Warren Peace epic or needing a mouse to do.. mousey things.. or Flash to view Flashy things, it boils down to this thing fills that niche for the average person that netbooks tried to fill and laptops and desktops have been filling uneccessarily (way over-specc'ed).
Warren Peace? Personal friend of mine. :D

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
THat was great!

We have 4 of us (I don't count the other adult in the house i'm in the process of divorcing who thinks technology is evil), and now 2 iPads. The 14yo doesn't share. Period.

I've let the younger 2 kids touch mine.... sorta. :eek:

But the oldest and I pondered her getting the iPad to replace her dying 12" iBook (6 years old now), and realized she can do most of what she wants to on it, and the desktops will work for the rest. She is happy and loves it.

The Touches in the house have gone unloved the last couple of weeks.... the iPads fill the niche well. I'm happy I "just" got the 32gb Touch in January, goes well with my 32gb iPad!

But ya, this could resemble my house. Except, we don't own a Harmony remote. Guess i'm a techno-slacker (we don't have cable or sat hooked up to our main TV either.....)

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

"Why do we need something else with a CPU in it?".*

Really? I find it hard to believe someone in his family said this. Who says this anymore?
Anymore? Who ever said this?

3N16MA

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2009
Space
I'm sure some of what he is saying is true but some if also sounds like he is part of a sitcom family.