What iPhone 3GS are you getting? 16GB, 32GB, White, Black?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Fenix85, Jun 9, 2009.

1. Fenix85 macrumors member

I ordered a 32GB white iPhone. I haven't seen any white iPhones in the wild, and I guess I wanted to be a bit different. Plus something about the white just says sexy to me. I also like how the chrome looks against white. It was a tough decision to be honest but white wins.....no I'm not racist. All iPhones are created equal. :rolleyes:

2. nerdish macrumors regular

None, there isnt much reason to upgrade from my 3G, i think i'll wait till 2010.

3. dryoasis88 macrumors newbie

My first iPhone

Well, I have been waiting a long time to get an iphone as prior to this year, I was living in the states and on verizon, making it quite impossible. Now I am in Germany and I am starting a new contract. I will be getting the 3GS in the 16GB Black or White, I still haven't decided on the color. I think the white shows the dirt and scratches less, but it all depends on what is available sooner at the store near my place in berlin. Any thoughts on a good case for the iphone? I am looking for a colored one, teal to be exact...

4. Jeremy81 macrumors 6502

I ordered the 16GB Black 3GS. I was seriously tempted to get white for the same reason as you. I've never seen anyone with one.

5. Eric8199 macrumors 6502a

I went with the 16gb black phone. This will be my first iPhone (have the iPod Touch 2g). I was debating going with white, but then I realized I only seem to see girls with the white one, and I like the sleekness of the black, so I went that route. Beside, no one where I'm from has an iPhone anyway, so it doesn't really matter. Both colors are unique.

6. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

Currently have a 16GB White iPhone 3G. Will be taking out a new contract with O2
    to get me a White iPhone 3GS (16GB). I was originally going to go for the 32GB model,
    but O2's prices are ridiculous this year, even for new customers.

R-Fly

7. jasphair macrumors member

I'm getting the 32GB Black 3GS.

I thought about getting the white, but it'll be in a black Otterbox, so it won't really matter.

8. jclardy macrumors 68040

jclardy

I'm getting a 16 GB white 3GS. I chose white because I like the way it looks, plus everyone I know with an iPhone has a black one, and I'm probably going to end up getting a case for it anyways, so the color doesn't really matter that much.

Did anyone see the post on Engadget comparing the 3g to 3gs? It says that the 3gs has a water and oil resistant coating but the 3g doesn't, does anyone know if that is true?

9. nfl46 macrumors 603

16GB White for $399 :D

I sold my 3G 8GB on eBay for $375. So, I'll only be spending roughly $50 out of pocket. I think my 3G 8GB that I got last year for $399, was around $420ish with taxes with all.

10. rablat macrumors 6502a

rablat

32GB White.
    Another line is upgrade eligible, so I will use that and they will get the my 3G

11. osin macrumors 6502

I'm getting 16GB iPhone. I will put it in protective case right away so color doesn't matter to me that much...

12. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

It will be 32GB for me.

Haven't decided on white or black yet. I have a few weeks to figure that out.

13. Ice-Cube macrumors 6502a

Ice-Cube

I'm getting the 16GB white one. I've had black phones all my life and its getting to be very boring. White this time!

14. matttye macrumors 601

Despite everything I said about not getting one over the n97, I think I want a 32gb now :D ..although I'm only earning £80 a week on my apprenticeship so I will have to save up for a while :(

15. CalmEnvy macrumors 6502a

I'll be getting the 16GB White 3GS, white just looks better to me and you see most people with black. I have a 16GB touch that I'm running out of room but I realized that I don't need all of my music on my iPod, just the ones I really love which could save me a lot of space.

16. robothero macrumors 6502

robothero

32gb black, but the color doesn't really matter because I'll be putting a blue case over it anyways.

17. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

I just ordered my 16GB White 3GS last night, to upgrade my black 8GB 3G. $200 well spent.

18. Andruw91 macrumors regular

19. iGeRmAn macrumors regular

20. vivithemage macrumors 6502a

vivithemage

I was hoping AT&T would drop rates for the new phones, but I guess not..I will have to stick with T-Mobile still !

21. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

16GB Black 3G already ordered. Curious that I'm still waiting on a confirmation email, though. I can look up my order status just fine, but I'm a bit concerned about the lack of email, even 15+ hours after I ordered.

22. Noelmel macrumors regular

i have been waiting to get an iphone til they came out with 32gb. I hadnt even really thought about color. i had planned on waiting in line on launch day and whatever i could get would be fine. I was sooooo suprised to see it available to preorder so I did that last night. I chose black 32g. But now I wish I chose white. I wonder if I call if they will change it (but I dont wanna mess up my shipping arrival or aynthing). Im gonna get a case anyways so I guess it really doesnt matter.

23. darngooddesign macrumors G3

I bought a used 3G to tide me over till this release so I'll be upgrading and selling my unlocked 8GB later this month. For me, the increased speed and RAM are justification enough because of running Backgrounder and other JailBroken mods.

24. paola105 macrumors 6502

paola105

Probably the 16gb white, I don't think I need the 32, I wont put a lot of video on it. Just as long it holds my iTunes.
    Though I really don't want to leave T-Mobile even though my contract was up for years.

25. newConvert macrumors regular

leaning towards the 32gig white at the moment... kinda switch back and fourth though.