What iPhone 5S color will sell for the most money?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vandere, Sep 18, 2013.

1. vandere macrumors newbie

I'm planning on using an upgrade to get the 5S and sell it for a profit. What color do people want them most, and that would get me the most money?

Threads that can answer this and polls and such would be helpful.

2. KaijuRed macrumors regular

space grey!

3. zackkmac macrumors 6502a

I vote on the space gray as well, second being the white and gold since they are the 2 newest colors.

4. richardbb85 macrumors 6502a

5. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

not gonna answer truthfully until after I get mine

6. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

Do some research. 3 out of 4 iPhone 5s's at launch are space grey. So NOT that one.

7. vandere thread starter macrumors newbie

You mean that the supply of the other colors are less compared to the space grey? Maybe its in reaction to the market? I'm taking this thread as example: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1633121 almost 50% of ppl said they r getting the space grey. But still they arent taking pre orders, so they wouldnt be able to know that info unless they read this forum...

8. terzinator macrumors 6502

Gold/black.

Like in coin collecting, it's the mistakes that are the most desirable.

9. ABC5S Suspended

ABC5S

OP, absolutely no one can answer that question for the forceable future. 5s have not been around to gauge that question, and it will take a very long time before it can be answered if at all. Not a good question to ask, specially from forum members.

10. NeuralControl macrumors 6502a

No one can answer this for you. Go peruse eBay and Craigslist listings of iPhone 5 models to see what they are going for. I highly doubt you will see a significant difference in price.

11. swish2351 macrumors 6502

People like you piss me off. Are you that desperate for money that you need to do this? Why don't you just let the people who want a 5S go out and buy one?

12. King Shady macrumors 6502

King Shady

Why? It's his choice, and his money. I don't see your argument.

13. WestCoastPro macrumors newbie

Seeing as Space Grey is the most desired color based on Apple's shipment numbers, I'd say Space Grey.

14. swish2351 macrumors 6502

Well, because then someone who goes to the Apple store who wants an iPhone won't be able to get one. Then they will have to go on ebay or craigslist to pay $200 - $400 more than they should have paid, and wait roughly a week for shipping, just so this guy can make a quick cheap dollars.

That is my argument.

15. Lamarak macrumors 6502

No one needs an iphone to live. No one has to use ebay or craigslist. Can just wait like alot of us will have to till supply meets demand. If he wants to use his upgrade, its no skin off your nose what he does with his own paid for phone.

I guess you get mad at people that sell a house for a profit.

16. meihcydna macrumors regular

Or that someone can patiently wait or try the next day to get an iPhone.

17. swish2351 macrumors 6502

Ok, your entire first paragraph has no valid points, other than the obvious fact that you don't need a cell phone to live

And no, because there are infinite houses for people to buy. There is a very limited stock for iPhones.

----------

By the next day, they will be out of stock, and waiting about a week for the new shipments to come in.

And again, that is not a valid point

18. vandere, Sep 18, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2013

vandere thread starter macrumors newbie

Even though I don't want to entertain him, I said upgrade which means I'm getting it from a carrier, and they wont have them on release day, so your qqing about not having one on release day makes no sense. If im correct the carrier stores will have shipments coming in frequently after release day, and not like apple where they have a finite supply on release day for people who want them then.

19. billycuth macrumors 6502a

I'm with swish...

Taking advantage of a shortage situation like that is a dirtbag move.

OP certainly is well within his rights to do it, but it doesn't make him any less of a dirtbag.

20. swish2351 macrumors 6502

Entertain me? Calm down buddy, don't be a little child that just gets angry and throws out random insults. I have the right to disagree with what you are doing, and you have the right to do what you are doing.

I've made it clear I disagree with you, other people have made it clear they disagree with me. It's a forum thread, relax.

----------

I appreciate someone seeing it my way ;)

21. Lamarak macrumors 6502

Right... what is not valid? Where am I wrong that no one forces you to use places like ebay or CL to get a phone. No one has to pay the high prices, they just choose to cause they cant wait. If he follows all the rules to buy his phone, once he takes it home, its none of your or mine business what he does with it Im sure you expect the same treatment when you take your phone home. Love these double standards of people. None of your points are valid because no laws are broken and no one his hurt by his actions.

Not getting a phone on release day is not the end of the world friend. Have a good day.

22. swish2351 macrumors 6502

"Love these double standards of people" that makes absolutely no sense.
    If I buy my phone to use that, that is right
    If I buy my phone to sell it for a profit, that is wrong

That is my opinion, obviously OP can do whatever he wants, but I also am allowed to post my opinion here about him doing this.

I never mentioned laws, that obviously makes no sense. But yes, people will be hurt and affected by his actions. They won't be able to get the new phone they wanted on Friday because of people like OP buying them and selling them just to make a profit

23. vandere, Sep 18, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2013

vandere thread starter macrumors newbie

Again, you show that you didn't read any of my posts. "They wont be able to get the new phone they wanted on friday."

Edit: it seems im mistaken. if im understanding correctly u can go into the apple store and use ur upgrade there. huh.

24. swish2351 macrumors 6502

Yes, I read your post. You said they won't be arriving on friday, even though they will be. The iPhones will be shipping in Thursday, to be ready for Friday. Then once that stock runs out, they will receive new stock on Monday or Tuesday

----------

Yep

25. BigHonkingDeal macrumors 6502a

BigHonkingDeal

Gold is best