iPod What iPod do you use?

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
I still have a 5th generation iPod Classic. I don't really use it anymore, but for whatever reason I keep it charged up now and then. The music that is on it, is probably stuck on it until forever until it no longer works. I don't have any way to update it any longer, but that's OK.

I think @Scepticalscribe still has and might use from time to time an iPod.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
The Far Horizon
I still have a 5th generation iPod Classic. I don't really use it anymore, but for whatever reason I keep it charged up now and then. The music that is on it, is probably stuck on it until forever until it no longer works. I don't have any way to update it any longer, but that's OK.

I think @Scepticalscribe still has and might use from time to time an iPod.
Yes, I also have iPods, both antique classics, and an iPod Touch (which I have never had quite the same degree of affection for).

These days, however, I tend to use my A&K mp3 player more, as, when Apple decided to move away from supplying (good quality) devices to the dedicated music market, I needed a replacement for when my iPods finally died.

Reactions: staggerlee41

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
I’ve paired my iPod touch with a FiiO Q5S external DAC/AMP. I think it added a slight boost in sound quality, but honestly the iPod sounds great to my non-audiophile ears.

B5437822-AD81-44BA-A1BB-CB22611071C0.jpeg E39756A8-FECC-401F-A6E7-04AC51D650D7.png

Reactions: SandboxGeneral

retta283

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 8, 2018
Kingman, AZ
I’ve paired my iPod touch with a FiiO Q5S external DAC/AMP. I think it added a slight boost in sound quality, but honestly the iPod sounds great to my non-audiophile ears.

View attachment 880083View attachment 880084
I never tried to use an external DAC with my iPods, mostly because I use some compression on my files, so the difference would not be great. I usually use my iPods completely naked (no DAC, no skins, no cases, no battery packs) because I like to keep it compact and light. I did use a skin on some of the white iPods because they would scratch so bad the screen was unusable.

Reactions: Traverse