What is “iMessage on Dual Sim”?

Discussion in 'iOS 13' started by Pagemakers, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Pagemakers macrumors 68020

Pagemakers

One of iOS 13’s new and non-demonstrated features was “iMessage on Dual Sim”.

Can any beta tester confirm exactly what this enhancement is please.

2. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

right now you can only use data functions on one sim. sounds like they are adding a way to do it on both.

3. Pagemakers thread starter macrumors 68020

Pagemakers

I have a dual sim iPhone and right now iMessage is a total mess if you need to message the same user from either numbers - when roaming abroad for example.

4. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

With ios 13, you will be able to use iMessage on either SIM line. Right now, it is limited to one line with the dual SIM.

5. Pagemakers thread starter macrumors 68020

Pagemakers

6. Lyn2012 macrumors 6502

Does anyone know if this will apply to FaceTime as well?

7. Pagemakers thread starter macrumors 68020

Pagemakers

Would also be good is they improved the way you can call contacts with either line. That’s currently a mess too.

8. Pagemakers thread starter macrumors 68020

Pagemakers

Thanks for that.

I’d like to be able to click on a contact and be prompted which line to use. Currently if they default to your personal line and you’re away roaming for example you may want to use your work line. Currently if you change it to work you have to go back into the contact after the call and change it back to personal. Crazy.

9. will.s87 macrumors member

will.s87

Yes it does. It lets you receive FaceTime calls to two numbers but the caller id is set to one number.

10. felixroqu3 macrumors 6502

felixroqu3

Hi there. I actually have a question in regards to dual-sim and it seems like you have some knowledge about this. I have an iPhone XS and have T-Mobile. I travel quite a bit and want to figure out how to use the dual-sim function. I guess I want to set my "primary" as T-Mobile, but id like to start using data services from whatever country I'm in so I can get faster data, since T-mobile only offers 2G-3G speeds overseas. How should i go about this? Would setting up my primary number as the "e-sim" and then whenever I'm overseas I'd purchase a local "data only" sim card?

11. Pagemakers thread starter macrumors 68020

Pagemakers

Doesn’t matter which sim you use for which. When you go roaming you just say roam on this sim or that sim. You can have as many e-sims as you like but only 1 active at a time.

12. kenvip88 macrumors member

kenvip88

Settings - Cellular - Choose your data Sim when you're aboard and buy the new data sim
    And yes you should change T-Mobile to E-sim, avoid the country you go don't provide e-sim yet
    "Primary" or "Secondary" is just the name to make 2 sim different in setting so you can choose which to use data and which to call