What is a good BUDGET camcorder? canon FS100,FS10,FS11?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Quincer5000, Oct 26, 2008.

1. Quincer5000 macrumors newbie

What is a good budget camcorder? I am starting to make short films and I don't have the money for something expensive. Price range: $200-$500. I don't want to mess with AVCHD video footage. My :apple: G4 can't run alot of HD power. I would like it to be flash based or hard drive based. i really need a mic jack. I was looking and I saw the Canon FS series is pretty good. Anyone have any comments on the FS100,FS10,FS11 with the video quality? I want to say thanks in advance to all of you! Thanks!:D

2. Courtaj macrumors 6502a

Courtaj

Just the one, really: slightly below mediocre. If you want a mic input and picture quality matters to you, for the kind of money you're looking at spending you'd be better served sticking with tape and getting one of Canon's miniDV numbers.

3. Quincer5000 thread starter macrumors newbie

budget

I will push that up to $600. Does anyone know about the canon hf100?
    and thanks courtaj.

4. Courtaj macrumors 6502a

Courtaj

Arguably the second-place holder in its category (AVCHD to flash memory for under $1000) after the HF11. The HF100 is the HF10 with a different paint job and minus the built-in flash memory (which in the case of the HF10 you pay a premium for = not good value for money). The new HF11 has a higher bit rate, but the HF100 still gives very good video for the money. Plenty of HF100 owners in this forum.

Andrew.

5. Quincer5000 thread starter macrumors newbie

So do you think this is a good budget camcorder?