Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

arnette

macrumors 6502
Nov 22, 2002
Manhattan Beach
I like Danger Mouse. But everyone here will probably recommend Mighty Mouse or Mickey Mouse.

Or a Logitech. Can't go wrong with a Logitech.

MacBandit

macrumors 604
Kensington StudioMouse. It's totally awesome. There are some bad reviews of the touch scroll pad but I think it's from people that didn't use it for long enough. I hate scroll whells now. I can just touch at the top or bottom of the touch pad and it jumps a line. If I touch and hold it scrolls. If I want to scroll like a regular scoll wheel you just slide you finger on it. Also another part of the bad reviews are probably due to people not using them long enough like I said because the touch pad get's much much more sensitive with extended use. Initially the touch area isn't very responsive. As for the rest of the mouse it's great it works great it glides smoothly and is very very accurate.

crazzyeddie

macrumors 68030
Dec 7, 2002
Florida, USA
I have been pleased with my M$ IntelliMouse Explorer. I hate their software, but they have solid hardware.

If youre looking for wireless, I would 100% recommend the M$ Bluetooth mouse. It is very very responsive, which alot of wireless mice lack (in some cases, making it impossible to play games even).

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Originally posted by arnette
I like Danger Mouse. But everyone here will probably recommend Mighty Mouse or Mickey Mouse.

Or a Logitech. Can't go wrong with a Logitech.
I don't know myself, I've never liked the fuzzy rodents.

Anyways the cats keep eating them, it be different if they eat the whole mouse -- but they don't.

So I've ended up using trackballs instead.

crazytom

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2002
IL
I'd recommend an optical mouse definitely! I've used the MS Intellimouse with no problems (except carpal tunnel). Now I use a Kensington Turbo Mouse (trackball). I REALLY like the trackball mouse. It has a big footprint, but it's not like you're moving it around like a standard mouse. Kensington recently came out with an optical trackball, too. I might sell mine and pick one of those up!

springscansing

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2002
New York
I had the kensington.. and I really hated the scroll pad. It was used too, so it was already broken in... or maybe just broken.

It was also much lighter than the pro mouse, which I'm not fond of. I went back to the pro mouse. I love it.

I also have a MS Trackball explorer optical dealie with intellieye or whatever. It's very nice, I like it.

deryk

macrumors regular
Feb 18, 2003
Denver
I use a logitech optical mouse, which I love. I agree with crazytom; optical mice are the best.:cool:

physicsnerd

macrumors member
Feb 25, 2003
West Lafayette, IN
I'm just using the cheap logitech wheel mouse optical. List is $25. I've had it for several months now, and it's been great. Works perfectly with osx and win2k, never had a problem with it. It's just a basic two button mouse with wheel, but I rather like it.

Physicsnerd

crazzyeddie

macrumors 68030
Dec 7, 2002
Florida, USA
Ive heard of alot of problems with the MX700... again, i would highly recommend the M$ Bluetooth mouse. It may seem like alot of money (i think around 80 bucks) but it includes a bluetooth adaptor which you can use for any bluetooth devices. Thats worth a good 50 bucks!

A friend of mine just bought one an loves it. Says thats its very responsive.

mrjamin

macrumors 65816
Feb 6, 2003
Strongbadia
Originally posted by Sun Baked
I don't know myself, I've never liked the fuzzy rodents.

Anyways the cats keep eating them, it be different if they eat the whole mouse -- but they don't.

So I've ended up using trackballs instead.

LOL!

anyway, back on topic - i love my IntelliMouse Optical - its kinda like the intellimouse explorer, just you have side buttons on each side and works if your left handed. The scroll wheel was a little rigid at first, but once you've worn it in its great.

I bought my girlfriend one of the intellimouse blue range (the corded one) which seems very good - ergonomic, suitable for lefties, great scroll wheel and looks cool.

As far as laptop mice are concerned, i love my Swann Optiglo mini. Small but comfortable, very hardwaring/sturdy and again, looks cool, works on more surfaces than my M$ mouse too.

gopher

macrumors 65816
Mar 31, 2002
Maryland, USA
Originally posted by Fire&IceProductions
Does anybody think that trackballs are better than mice??
Only if you like a motion where your hand is directing a ball all the time in a cradle. I prefer giving it more pointing direction with my hand since that seems more natural when I'm moving the pointer on the screen. But there are people who like trackballs more than mice.

Huked on Fonick

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2002
1 Loop
Trackball

I personaly use the logitech wireless trackball...... i have been useing track balls for about 5 years how and i love them i have had 2 logitech wired trackballs and 1 micosoft wired trackball...well the micosoft one broke about 8 mouths. I logitech ones still work fine, there on two different computers and i have had my wireless one for 3 years now and it sill works perfictly, good battery life and everything............ it has about +6 feet range, and 1 AA battery last a long time. It is rugged as hell...Its beeen dropped froma bout 4 feet, had books etc droped on it, stuff spilled on it... i cant beleve its still working. the microsoft mousse broke after nothing.... the only complaint i have with it is the ball comes out kinda easy.....

after u get used it trackballs its really hard to go back......there so much easer on ur hands and easer to use and less tireing.......

the wired ones i find are good for desktopns the wireless one is really nice for a laptop.. i just wish they made it bluetooth then i would by a new one::)

erik1975

macrumors member
Aug 20, 2002
Illinois
Originally posted by Zeke
Has anyone used the Logitech MX700 (the one with the recharger). Just curious as I'm thinking of getting it...

I have the MX700 and absolutely LOVE it. Sure, 8 buttons sounds like too many, but I constantly find myself looking for extra buttons on my mouse at work now. I'm spoiled!!!

It seems like I only need to drop the mouse into the charger only once a month. But keep in mind I only use it an hour a day tops.

For ~$60 at most stores, you can't lose!

scem0

macrumors 604
Jul 16, 2002
back in NYC!
Microsoft mouses rock. Cheap, high quality. I am really happy with the 2 I have bought.

- scem0
twitch.gif

crazytom

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2002
IL
Originally posted by Fire&IceProductions
Does anybody think that trackballs are better than mice??

Personally, I won't ever go back to a regular mouse. At first I thought a trackball would be hard to get used to, but I took to it right away. I do a lot of music/video editing and play some games to relax (like Warcraft III). Previous to my trackball, I could only work/play for 20 minutes until my wrist started hurting. Now I can go for hours with no pain. But everyone has there own preference....

Huked on Fonick

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2002
1 Loop
Originally posted by crazytom
Personally, I won't ever go back to a regular mouse. At first I thought a trackball would be hard to get used to, but I took to it right away. I do a lot of music/video editing and play some games to relax (like Warcraft III). Previous to my trackball, I could only work/play for 20 minutes until my wrist started hurting. Now I can go for hours with no pain. But everyone has there own preference....

I second crazytom....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.