What is a good price for "old" MBP when new ones come out Tues

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by zub3qin, Jun 2, 2007.

1. zub3qin macrumors 65816

zub3qin

Amazon had a blowout on the old MB (black MB C2D $1099) when the "new" MB came out last week. But people had to act quickly- they sold out in hours.

I suspect the same will happen on Amazon this Tues when the new MBP comes out.

Price now:
    Apple refurbished:
    2.16 MBP C2D, 1Gb, 120HD: $1599 (reg $1999)

QUESTION:
    So what is a good Amazon deal on, say, this model when the new MBP comes out?

Or are the expected updates in the new MBP so worth paying for?

2. Igantius macrumors 65816

As we have no idea for sure what the pricing of the new machines is going to be, it's a little difficult to say.

3. zub3qin thread starter macrumors 65816

zub3qin

Assuming the prices don't change. $1999 for the base MBP

4. Igantius macrumors 65816

If - and to be honest, I think this is a big if - all the features that most people on here are expecting are actually on the machines, it would be worth the money for a new model... most likely anyway.

I'm more than slightly biased in this as living in the UK, although there're been one or two bargains on older MBs recently, it's nothing like what people have been reporting in the States. At Amazon UK, for instance, the old black MB costs about £80 MORE than the RRP for a new one! Even though I might be able to save a few pounds on an older model, I would more likely get a bigger bang for my buck by getting a new one.

However, if I had to bet on this, I think the discounts on the MBPs will be generally smaller than the recent MBs one - but would love to be wrong!

If - a lot of if's here! - when the line is refreshed, you could nab one of the current MBPs with the same kind of discount that Amazon did for MBs, then that would a great bargain however you look at it.

5. zub3qin thread starter macrumors 65816

zub3qin

Unfortunately, I haven't seen anyone selling a refurbished or pre-refurbished Black Macbook since last week's new MB came out. Anyone else seen any for sale?

6. zub3qin thread starter macrumors 65816

zub3qin

Macconnection is now selling the same "pre-refreshed" C2D BlackBook for $1299.
    Not sure how Amazon got them out so cheap, but congrats to those who got in on the deal (wish I did)