What is a good software to transfer just the music files from your iPhone to your MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by letsudo, Dec 19, 2014.

1. letsudo macrumors member

I have my old iPhone that has a bunch of music that is not on the rMBP and a newer iPhone that doesn't have any music that I want to put in music into.

2. letsudo thread starter macrumors member

For some reason it is saying that there are no files in my iPhone.

it says "database file is empty"

3. DeltaMac macrumors G3

DeltaMac

Did you follow the steps to turn device sync "off" when you first launched iPod.iTunes?

Is there still music on your old iPhone?

If you missed turning sync off, then your iPhone would sync to an empty database - and your songs are gone. That was quick...

4. letsudo, Dec 19, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2014

letsudo thread starter macrumors member

I didn't, but my music is still there in the iphone.

I tried clicking that but then it starts to lag and do nothing and i have to force quit it.

maybe it doesn't work well with mavericks?

I noticed that my iTunes wasn't responding so I force quit that and tried clicking the button again but it's still saying database file is empty.

5. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

If you've been using the same iTunes account/Apple ID, you can go into the iTunes Store on your rMBP, find your purchases (should be somewhere on the right-hand side), and download the songs that are not already on your rMBP. Create your playlists, sync your new iPhone, and you're good to go.

There really isn't a non-clunky way of transferring music from an iPhone to a Mac. It was possible with regular iPods back in the day (I transferred most of my iTunes library from my family desktop to my personal MBP using my iPod Classic). For some reason Apple didn't make it possible with the iPhone.