what is advantage to "Manually Managing Music and Movies" on iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by rawdawg, Sep 22, 2013.

1. rawdawg macrumors 6502

I ask because.... I forgot. In the past (years ago) I thought I remember I exclusively managed my music this way, but I think there maybe was a reason that no longer exists and maybe an iTunes update convinced me to have them do it via playlists.

I have a TON of music, will never fit on my iphone. Maybe there an advantage of using this feature that I forgot about.

Advice anyone?

2. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

it may be easier just checking the music you want on but if you want 5 gigs of music that could be a lot of clicking. smart playlists really work well now

3. Ice-Cube macrumors 6502a

Ice-Cube

Manually managing music allows you to add songs/content from mulitiple libraries and computers. Quite useful if you like to get tracks off friends and families.

4. rawdawg thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks!

I remember back in the day when you had the first ipods you had to use a special 3rd party program to get music off other people's libraries. Guess they allowed it at some point.

I think it was the better smart playlists that got me to move away from manually managing