What is going on with iPhone X Upgraders in the UK?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rubberducker, Nov 5, 2017.

1. rubberducker macrumors newbie

rubberducker

After all the talk of it being an easy process with Apple's upgrade programme - to upgrade to the iPhone X - I have found it a royal pain in the a$$!

After eventually getting a reservation in - mine hasn't moved. Its stuck on sometime before the 18th Nov - despite my order being made at 8.08 am. Others seem to have moved forward and Apple appears to be favouring cash buyers over upgraders and making more phones available to them.

Has anyone had movement on their Upgrade?

2. ventmore macrumors 6502a

Check the app at 06:00 prompt every morning and try to grab a new IUP reservation, then just tell them when you go in that you want to upgrade your existing IUP device.

3. rubberducker thread starter macrumors newbie

rubberducker

thanks for the tip. I'll try that.

Pretty rubbish though. You think if they had more availability they would move the people who had been waiting longest up the cue.

4. ventmore macrumors 6502a

I actually ended up opening a new agreement as a friend wanted my old device, but I see no reason why you wouldn’t be able to just change it to an upgrade when you get there.

Going on at 6am is definitely the quickest way to get a X ATM.

5. rubberducker thread starter macrumors newbie

rubberducker

tried this morning and had all gone by 6.01am!

6. ventmore macrumors 6502a

Sorry to hear that mate. Just keep trying at 6am.

I went through to the IUP program page and hit “join now” before 6. Then just before 6, I started selecting the X and then backing out and selecting it again until it allowed me to order.