What is in your opinion, the best game in the app store, and why?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wikoogle, Jun 25, 2009.

1. wikoogle macrumors 6502a

wikoogle

Or just your favorite game? I have roughly a 100 itune games, all very good but my favorite would have to be F.A.S.T.

It's on a 60% off sale for 72 hours starting yesterday so I picked it as an impulse buy.

I've never been a fan of flight games, but this game is just straight up amazing. The controls are pitch perfect and extremely intuitive, it's like the iphone was made for this game.

The presentation and polish is top notch.

I've seen full on $60 retail games with less content. The online modes are absolutely incredible and there's tons of players.

The online play is absolutely fantastic as are the single player challenges. Dog fights are so much fun. The graphics are incredible. Each of the different planes control very differently so you get a ton of variety by trying out different planes and adjusting settings such as sensitivity.

I honestly have had more fun playing this game than I've had playing most $60 retail games videogames.

What about you?

2. JohnFa macrumors regular

Are you talking about iTunes or the Appstore? They don't sell games in iTunes here in Sweden, which is why I'm confused.

3. wikoogle thread starter macrumors 6502a

wikoogle

4. StrangeDays macrumors newbie

Definatly Earworm

because it trains your sense of hearing ;-)

just waiting for the new release with major upgrades ...

5. Benjay macrumors member

Flight Control, hands down!

Every other game seems to be a 10 minute wonder, but not this one.
    Especially now with the new airfield update!

6. JohnFa macrumors regular

I'd say iShoot. It's kinda like the old Worms game. Great fun to play against 1 or more friends over wifi.

7. warburg macrumors 6502

What do you think of Top Gun? :) I like it but I can't get past the second mission. Also, I like Sea Battle. It's very simple, but it's relaxing and on the upper levels it does take a little skill in timing and space estimation.

8. skeen macrumors 6502

I was thinking about getting F.A.S.T. I've been wanting a good online multiplayer game for the iPhone.

The game I've enjoyed the most is Need For Speed Undercover. The controls are great, and superb graphics - just about everything you would want from a racing game on the iPhone.

Would be excellent if it had online multiplayer though!

9. instaxgirl macrumors 65816

instaxgirl

I'm waiting for them to upgrade The Sims as well, which is my favourite game. Before that I loved Fish Tycoon.

I'm not big on games games.

I do want Sonic though :D