What is it about my house that gives me No Service!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vkramer, Jun 25, 2010.

1. vkramer macrumors regular

What inside a house can decrease signal or cancel it entirely.

I go in other peoples homes and my signal is absolutely fine. I go into office buildings - again 5 bars.

iPhone 4's reception inside my house. is about 25% worse then the 3G i upgraded from.

If i step outside i have full 5 bars.

My phone does suffer from the lower corner reception issue, but im talking about just when its sitting down in general.

2. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

3. elephunkman macrumors 65816

I have the same experience as you do. But at least I have wifi in my home

4. aibo82 macrumors 6502

your holding it wrong!

you need a bumper for that!

5. vespagirl macrumors regular

vespagirl

I had the exact same problem at my friend's house. I lived there for a few years and had to step outside to use my phone. Happened to everyone there...no signal. Place was like a vortex.

6. kr00k322 macrumors 6502

Have you tried the AT&T Mark the Spot app? If you're in the states that is. Worked for me, my house and more specifically my room was an instant dead spot and every signal loss that resulted in a dropped call I would send it in. Now I have 5 bars in my house but it's all based on chance. It may not be able to produce the same results but it's always worth a try.

7. gattamelata macrumors newbie

I've had the same issue with all my phones in my house. Not the whole house, but certain areas. It's made of cinder blocks and plaster, idk if that has anything to do with it, but that's what I've always told myself.

8. vkramer thread starter macrumors regular

I have wi-fi at home, ive done the Mark The Spot.

9. Kadman macrumors 65816

Kadman

My neighbor's lower level has this issue. It's essentially a dead zone. What I finally figured out is that it was his ceiling. When they finished their lower level they put in a drop ceiling, not with the cheaper "Home Depot" variety but some really nice and expensive commercial grade 2'x2' panels with (here's the key) foil backing on them. Essentially the foil backs created a signal shield. I know it's a long shot but do you have something like this in play at your house? ...or for that matter could they have used a house wrap material with a foil layer in it?