What is Oprah referring to about Steve Jobs here?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by cheekypaul, Jan 19, 2015.

1. cheekypaul macrumors member

2. Mr. McMac Suspended

Mr. McMac

3. cheekypaul thread starter macrumors member

neither do i (but that's not important right now), i'm asking if anyone else read anywhere about Mr Jobs last breath, tasteless as it is.

4. barkmonster, Jan 20, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2015

barkmonster macrumors 68020

barkmonster

I think she's doing the tired old condescending theist routine of implying that someone who shunned religion while alive (especially theirs, you know, the "right" religion) who is now incapable of defending themselves must have died regretting that they hadn't prayed to whatever deity the condescending theist thinks they should have believed in just like them.

Her entire attitude boils down to religion hijacking the concept of morality, yet only providing any incentive to have any in the first place because of the threat of punishment and incentive of reward in an afterlife they also believe in. They literally can't comprehend how immoral they are themselves because what they believe in is so holy to them and so full of holes to everyone else.

5. localoid macrumors 68020

localoid

According to Mona Simpson (Steve Jobs' sister) "Steve's final words were: 'Oh wow. Oh wow. Oh wow.'"

6. cheekypaul thread starter macrumors member

Thx, localoid.