what is responsible for refreshing the thumbnails for tabs in safari

Discussion in 'macOS Mojave (10.14)' started by 65301361, Nov 7, 2018.

1. 65301361 macrumors member

I found my 2017 radeon pro 580 iMac with 2tb fusion drive will refresh the thumbnails of the tabs every time I open "overview"(the button is on the right top of safari a little square) but my 2015 MacBook Air will just show all the thumbnails immediately without refreshing. they are both 8g btw. what could be the problem?

2. fisherking macrumors 604

fisherking

control-click on that little square and you'll see that that mac is set to 'automatically replace tabs' (which it does with, of course, the links in that folder). control-click on your other mac in the same place and check that off.

3. 65301361 thread starter macrumors member

I think we are not talking about the same thing? the button is this

Attached Files:

4. fisherking macrumors 604

fisherking

ah, you're right. you can just add that button under View>Customize toolbar...

5. 65301361 thread starter macrumors member

I don't understand. I have that button. but when I clicked it all the thumbnails of the tabs didn't show immediately they took some time to load. check the screenshot I upload .

Attached Files:

6. fisherking macrumors 604

fisherking

so, you're saying that the thumbnails just take a while to show on the air? could be the processor on the air (that's a lot of tabs)... you might try rebooting the air, and (perhaps) not have so many windows open at once (am sure that's not what you want to hear). good luck!

7. 65301361 thread starter macrumors member

no it took a while to show on the iMac... it shown immediately on the air. the only difference I can think of is the iMac doesn't have ssd but it's 2tb fusion drive and the safari I think is run under ssd also. and the other difference is the resolution. iMac is 5k.