What is the 1 feature that would make you hate yourself for not waiting for the iP5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ap3604, May 1, 2011.

1. ap3604, May 1, 2011
    Last edited: May 1, 2011

ap3604 macrumors 68000

Since the white iPhone 4 just came out I was wondering what's going to happen when the iPhone 5 comes out with a new "killer feature" and all these people signing up now are going to be hating it that they didn't wait.

I'm sure the people signing 2 year contracts are very proud though and won't easily admit they should have waited for the 5 but I wonder: if there was a realistic feature that the iPhone 5 could have that would make you hate it that you used your upgrade on the iPhone 4, what would that be?

- 4.3 inch screen?
    - 4 inch screen?
    - 1ghz processor?
    - Matte screen?
    - Carbon Fiber esque body?
    - 1800mAh battery?
    - Removable battery?
    - 8 mp camera w/ 1020p recording?
    - 64 gb version?
    - Improved antenna?
    - LED notification indicator?
    - NFC wallet replacement capability?
    - Dual core?
    - SD card slot?
    - Gesture / Swipe area?

If there is something I'm missing feel free to add it.

Just wondering what feature in particular would make iPhone owners that just recently got contracts be mad that they didn't wait...

2. neko girl macrumors 6502a

neko girl

3. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I have a 3GS currently and if I upgraded to the 4, the is one feature that I will hate myself for not waiting would probably be a better camera (or maybe just a faster phone in general to be honest)

4. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

5. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

Any upgrade really, I'd be paying the same price for them regardless.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Even though those are some cool features/improvements I wouldnt be so upset sticking with the i4.
    The one at the top of my list would be either better battery or bigger screen.

7. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I'll be sticking with my iPhone 4 regardless of any improvements.

8. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

The features I'd upgrade for:
    - 4.3 inch screen
    - 4 inch screen
    - 1800mAh battery
    - Dual core

Not really interested in these:
    - 8 mp camera w/ 1020p recording
    - 64 gb version
    - Improved antenna
    - LED notification indicator
    - NFC wallet replacement capability
    - SD card slot
    - Gesture / Swipe area

The iPhone 4 has this already:
    - 1ghz processor

9. cpucrash0 macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I want better voice implementation and for apple to add free gps with good map software no more just google maps we need something better for traveling instead of having to buy a gps app. Like something android has.

10. ap3604 thread starter macrumors 68000

I didn't include software features in the original question since the iPhone 4 will (hopefully :)) get those when Apple releases iOS 5. Seems like the only thing separating the 4 and 5 will be hardware features...

11. cpucrash0 macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Oh ok. Well i guess i want hd facetime front faceing camera 720p and back camera 1080p

12. tigress666 macrumors 68040

Well nothing since I don't get an upgrade this year but next year. And whatever feature the 5 has, it was worth getting the 4 a year ago to have the 4 for a year even if it means I have to wait one more year to get whatever killer feature the 5 has (and then I'll also get the killer features of the 6 ;) ).

But, I guess for me the features that would make me jealous of the 5:
    1) Much faster processor, especially one that would be rated better for gaming.
    2) Same thing for graphics card/chip
    3) Totally dreaming but optical zoom without increasing the size of the phone (which is why I say totally dreaming, if it is possible at all far as I know we don't even have close to the tech for it to be possible right now). I'd never care for a "real" camera if my phone had actual optical zoom. And so many times I find myself wishing for it (digital zoom is useless).
    4) More storage space. Ok, I wouldn't be jealous of this at this point cause I expect it (in fact I'd be rather pissed even though I'm not planning on getting one if Apple skips doing this *again*). But, if I were getting a 4 now I'd be kicking myself if the 5 came out with more space (though I think that in itself would have me waiting for the 5 anyways especially since I expect the 5 to have that and I was disappointed last year the 4 didn't increase the storage).
    5) Sure, I'd really like an SD card slot to increase size but I'd prefer more internal storage as that way I don't have to carry around SD cards. Besides, this is probably almost as unrealistic as my optical zoom (mainly cause it's Apple we are talking about and having an SD slot seems something they're philosophically against). It's almost like asking Apple to give us a removable battery.

But what about things I'd be happy I got the four instead (like if they ruined something)?
    1) 4.3" screen. Hell no, I like my small phone thankyouverymuch. Totally not worth the increase in size.
    2). Possibly the 4.0" screen (I'd have to see how it affected phone size but honestly imho it's not worth increasing the size of the phone for a bigger screen. I like how the phone is compact and to me that in itself is worth the smaller screen which is still imho a usable size)

13. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

Ditto. I just want iOS 5. I couldn't care less about any hardware upgrades.

14. jenlevin macrumors regular

15. Hans Brix macrumors 6502

16. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

These would be my ideal additions hardware wise. Here's hoping a few make it on.

17. Bobbytoad macrumors member

Bobbytoad

Better battery life!
    A White one on day of release would be nice too

18. The Norman macrumors member

3 extra text tones, exclusive to the iP5 because iP4 doesn't have enough horsepower to handle them.

19. deadlystriker macrumors regular

deadlystriker

I'm satisfied with the iPhone 4 right now. Only feature I want is 64gb. But with the rumoured iCloud and mobileme update, I doubt there will be a 64 iphone 5. It would affect sales of ipod touch and ipad, unless they are bumped to 128 gb which isnt likely. Which is why I picked up a white iphone 4 32gb the moment it came out, and loving it ever since. I would kill for a white iphone 5 (retain design of 4) 64gb though.

20. EugenexYew macrumors regular

EugenexYew

I have this feeling that for me it would be an iOS 5 feature limited to the iPhone 5 only. Other than that, the other upgrades are pretty slick but I think the iPhone 4 is substantial enough. :D

21. Cougarcat macrumors 604

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

Provided AT&T is generous with their upgrade window, the only things that could get me to update would be a $199 price for the 32 GB and a larger screen (as long as it doesn't increase the size of the device.)
    Otherwise, I'll probably just wait it out for the 4G in 2012. I'm much more interested in iOS 5.

There's a chance Apple may include some iOS 5 dual core-only features, and that could be a deciding factor. I doubt it, though (not interested in photobooth.)

22. saintforlife macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

- 4.3 inch screen
    - 4 inch screen

23. anim8or macrumors 65816

anim8or

Can i just correct those who have used "1020p" in their posts...

ITS 1080p!!!!!!

1020p is not a resolution used in video in any shape or form.... :rolleyes:

24. BlindMellon macrumors 65816

BlindMellon

i'm waiting for the '5' either way, because other than retina, the ip4 wasn't that big of an improvement over the 3gs.

4" screen
    ios5
    camera upgrade

25. mlmwalt macrumors 6502a

I'm just waiting on the Verizon ip5 to have global capabilities, then I'll get it.

;)