What is the average 4s battery life?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ElectricMan5, Dec 29, 2011.

1. ElectricMan5 macrumors regular

So, I'm still paranoid whether or not my two-day-old iPhone 4s has the battery drain issue.

The first day (yesterday), when it was unboxed, it started at 70% and drained to 0% in about 4 hours with minimal use.

I charged it up all the way to calibrate, and on it's first full charge, there's 24% battery remaining, with 6 hours of usage and 25 hours of standby. I didn't really use the internet that heavily, just a couple of Google searches every now and then, and maybe a game for 5 minutes. I keep all my apps closed, location services, bluetooth, and siri off, and wifi whenever I'm not using it.

With light use, is this normal? When browsing the internet for an hour straight, is an 18% drain normal?

I know there has been a lot of battery issues, but I still can't tell whether I'm having them or not.

Thanks much!

2. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

Please stop being paranoid and just enjoy your phone. :)

3. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

Turn it off, throw it back in the box and it'll last forever!!

4. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

My iPhone 4S lasts from about 7:30am til about 10 or 11 at night.

Here's what I do on my iPhone on a regular basis:
    1. Lots of texting
    2. Brief internet usage (Facebook, tumblr, Google, etc).
    3. Hardly any phone calls (maybe about 5 mins of talk time a day).
    4. iPod (most of my battery life probably goes to listening to music).

At the end of the day, I have about 15-20% battery life with about 4 to 6 hours of usage and 14+ hours of standby.

I would say your battery is fine.

5. andyACEcandy macrumors 6502a

yeah i think 4-6 hours of usage is common battery life. Not sure about standby, as I tend to charge my phone at night which resets the standby timer anyway.

But I've seen a lot of 6 hours usage and 24+ hours standby... which I would assume means they barely used their phone for 24+ hours (had the screen off all day)

6. takeshi74 macrumors 601

6 hours of usage is light? That's one problem with these battery life threads. Light/moderate/heavy is highly subjective and completely useless for comparison purposes. People that use these terms have no clue what typical usage is to begin with so I'm not sure how they're determining what their usage is.

7. sweetbrat macrumors 65816

sweetbrat

If it's not causing problems for you then why worry about it?

8. Hexiii macrumors 65816

Hexiii

Does common mean the usage that it should be? Because I've seen longer battery time than 1 day stanby and 5 hours usage.

9. NikeTalk macrumors 6502a

No way in hell

10. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

No way! I would get it back to the store ASAP!:eek:

11. lewys macrumors 6502

lewys

I bought one at the beginning of December but had to wait until Christmas to open it an the battery for the first day was 2 hr usage and 7 hr stand by. It was the same for the next few days. I returned it and got a brand new one two days ago and it had 6hr usage and 17 hr standby on the first day so it's a lot better.

12. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

Ahem...

I'll probably charge it when I go to bed tonight around 11.

Attached Files:

13. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

I get around

6 hours to 6 hours 30 minutes usage

At least 1 day standby sometimes 1 day and about 8-10 hours

My stats yesterday was one of my best yet....

6 hours, 50 minutes usage
    1 day, 15 hours standby

When I charged it at 1%

14. jgalan14 macrumors 6502

I'm a heavy user but by half of the day with 4 emails (noon) I'm usually at 60% and use location services and push notifications a lot, by 5-6 I usually turn on mophie juice pack , and I have like 40-50% left At 11pm which I think is great , since on my android device 2 batteries weren't enough, now my wife is more like a regular user , she uses push notifications but not all and location services for a few app, I got her iPhone 4S for Xmas , and yesterday I check her usage , she had 40% left , 17hours of standby and more the 4 hrs of usage , so she loves the phone, the one thing she uses the most is bejeweled game , Facebook and some other games