What is the best camera app?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by P51, Jul 26, 2012.

1. P51 macrumors regular

2. Lioncrazz macrumors member

I love camera+. Have not found an app better yet.

3. batting1000 macrumors 604

4. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

It depends on what you're taking pictures of, but, for the most part, yes- it's still the best I've found.

For night or dark shots, I use NightCap.

5. jplusc macrumors 6502a

6. Sital macrumors 68000

Sital

Camera+ randomly crashes and sends me back to the homescreen. It's been doing this through several updates, so back to the stock camera app I went. For the many people for whom it seems to work fine, the functionality Camera+ offers sure is great if you take alot of pics with your phone and want to filter/edit them on the device. I do neither, I usually need more MP than my iPhone 4 offers and I much rather edit pics on a computer.

But back on topic - Quickpix is also a pretty good app with photo, video and rapid fire modes.

7. RocketRed, Jul 27, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2012

RocketRed macrumors 6502a

In my experience, the iPhone camera is the best phone camera out of all the phones I've used. But if you want a little more meat, go with Camera+, as many users have replied. You can do no wrong.

8. DodgeV83 macrumors 6502a

Depends on the situation.

HDR - Pro HDR. If you find Pro HDR too slow, use HDR Photo Camera (set in bracketing mode, with Low Loght bracketing on) to take the photos, then process them later in Pro HDR.

Low Light - NightCap for quality, SlowShutter for ease of use (though quality suffers in this app). 645 Pro technically has the best quality night shots available, but NightCap allows for manual shutter speed control, and easier focusing.

Normal - 645 Pro has the best quality available, especially when in TIFF output mode, though I sometimes use HDR Photo Camera anyway, as it takes three photos at different exposures extremely quickly.

That being said, the normal camera app works fine for most people in most situations, just don't expect the world.

9. iRetired macrumors 6502a

iRetired

645 Pro. Well worth the price. And it goes to devs who regularly update the app.

Otherwise, the stock camera app is my go-to choice.

10. B.A.T macrumors 6502

11. ericg301 macrumors 6502a

Whichever camera you can open the fastest. Which for me, is the stock camera app.

12. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

Cortex Camera
    ( [app]Cortex Camera[/app]

Wonderful app for photos and works surprisingly well on the iPad3 too.

13. Troneas macrumors 65816

Troneas

i got rid of camara+ didnt really like the controls and the whole user experience.

i am using the standard camara and got PhotoToaster to edit images which i believe is the best app for editing images - both in terms of amount of filters and editing options and interface.

14. TL24, Jul 27, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2012

TL24 macrumors 6502a

TL24

+1 for 645 Pro! It's the best camera app if you're looking for quality, however I wouldn't recommend it for a daily use type of app. You need patience and steady hands when using this app, if you've got both then 645 Pro is the choice for you. The TIFF photo's are the best you'll find and 645 Pro is the ONLY app that'll allow you to save it in this format. CCD is another one but this app hasn't been updated in awhile so I'm not sure how good it is now.

Besides that I think the stock camera app works best for everyone else, not everyone is anal about producing the best looking pictures out there. With that said, here are my choices:

1. 645 Pro - The best hands down!
    2. ProCamera - I find that the app is better than Camera + and is a tad faster as well (loading & usability).
    3. VSCO Cam - It has some of the best filters in the game but the actual camera app lacks the custom settings I look for like in Pro Camera.
    4. CCD - Like 645 Pro with the ability to choose your point of exposure! I honestly flip back & forth with 645 Pro and this one when I want the best possible shot! Superb picture quality!
    5. The rest of the camera apps and trust me, I've tried a lot of em LOL!

15. SoIsays macrumors regular

I love the stock camera and then touching up the pic using Snapseed. It's a winner.

16. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Snapseed. Camera+ used to be my choice, but compared to Snapseed, it just isn't that great.

17. sakau2007 macrumors 6502

Unfortunately, this.

Camera+ is soooo much better... but the fact is that the default camera app is so much easier to get into...

Apple just needs to put the features of Camera+ into their stock camera app. Then there wouldn't be a need for a separate app.

18. cynics macrumors G3

Is there any app that offers actual camera settings? Like ISO, white balance, etc....

19. LittleGwen macrumors 6502

Same here. Camera + but I end up using stock camera because it's easiest to open.

20. P51 thread starter macrumors regular

Interested in knowing this as well.