What is the best current id3 metadata tagger for music, to buy or free?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by rotarypower101, Jan 22, 2010.

1. rotarypower101 macrumors regular

rotarypower101

I have been searching around and compiling a list of the popular ones people use here, but no real way to tell which people find to be the better wrought to go.

I am looking for something that will correct all tagging data from genres and naming to artwork .

I want to ask because it is not very apparent, how do I tell which make permanent changes to the file (which is what I would prefer), and which just make the appearance of a change in iTunes or just attach an extra file.

Personally I wouldn't mind paying for a program if it works very accurately and is automated, but if there are free alternatives out there that are as good or better than the purchasable ones I would love to use those.

Here is a list (probably incomplete) of ID3 editors or metadata editors that I have found through searching, are there any others worth researching or mentioning? Which are your favorites and what makes them stand out?

TIA

TuneUp
    MusicBrainz Picard Tagger
    iEatBrainz
    MediaMonkey - suposedly good?
    ID3 Editor
    Dougs apple script - Embed Artwork this doesnt do tags though..
    Soundgrinder

2. rotarypower101 thread starter macrumors regular

rotarypower101

just a little update, i have been using the musicbraizpicard, though it is not all i want it to be...
    anyone have a better suggestion for the id3 tagging and verification?

but i have been using a app called Coverscout3 that is really a great asset!

Works very well and makes it easy enough that i use it when needed to clean up artwork as well as truly embed it into the .mp3 header.

3. bloutrein macrumors regular

bloutrein